Braves fucking suck!

Sports, Sports, and more Sports

Re: Braves fucking suck!

Postby Dauber Dybinski » Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:27 pm

juansamuel wrote:I just can't believe this trash-ass team gets watched every day.

I get some enjoyment watching this team, mainly because there aren't any expectations. Some are frustrating (Kake, LOLbar). But I enjoy watching Freeman, Mallex, and the young pitchers. It has been fun watching the progression of Wisler, Folty, and (for now) Blair, even though they struggle at times, and the results haven't been there.

I think next year will be the tough year for me. In my heart I think there's a chance they'll be good. But in reality, 2018 is likely the earliest they will be in any sort of contention. At least I'll be able to enjoy pre-game festivities next year.
Dauber Dybinski
Starter

Postby SLAYER666 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:43 pm

I'm in St Louis headed to the Cards game. 2.5 hours before first pitch and the pavilion is packed. I hope Atlanta can pull this off. It's really cool.
SLAYER666
Legend

Postby SLAYER666 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:52 pm

Seriously. Tuesday night vs Houston and this place is crushing. And it's still over an hour before first pitch. City of Atlanta could have done this. But they can't get out of their own way.
SLAYER666
Legend

Postby elprof » Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:09 pm

SLAYER666 wrote:Seriously. Tuesday night vs Houston and this place is crushing. And it's still over an hour before first pitch. City of Atlanta could have done this. But they can't get out of their own way.

I admire the hell out of St. Louis but I don't know if that is really replicable in Atlanta. Their baseball culture is one of the most storied in all of baseball. Yes, I know the Braves go way back as well but not here. Atlanta just doesn't seem like it could ever be on par with St. Louis. I do think it could be a lot better than what we've had, though.

I went to a couple of games in Milwaukee back in 2005 and I was amazed at how different it was even there. They were tailgating in the parking lot like people do here for college football, and the Brewers weren't any good.
Virtually everything GOP critics have told us would follow from the policies put in place has not come to pass. You would think that this would occasion a few mea culpas, some rethinking, an admission of poor prognostication. But, alas, it continues.
elprof
Hall of Smack

Postby SLAYER666 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:29 am

Yeah, I don't think Atlanta has the passion to pack it like St. Louis. I was thinking more of the squandered potential of the Turner Field location. City of Atlanta and their empty promises of development vs. what I see here at a downtown stadium.
SLAYER666
Legend

Postby Millwood » Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:48 am

elprof wrote:
SLAYER666 wrote:Seriously. Tuesday night vs Houston and this place is crushing. And it's still over an hour before first pitch. City of Atlanta could have done this. But they can't get out of their own way.

I admire the hell out of St. Louis but I don't know if that is really replicable in Atlanta. Their baseball culture is one of the most storied in all of baseball. Yes, I know the Braves go way back as well but not here. Atlanta just doesn't seem like it could ever be on par with St. Louis. I do think it could be a lot better than what we've had, though.

I went to a couple of games in Milwaukee back in 2005 and I was amazed at how different it was even there. They were tailgating in the parking lot like people do here for college football, and the Brewers weren't any good.

That was the trip where you stalked Bud Selig. I think you even climbed in his backseat while he was eating lunch
Millwood
All Pro

Postby SLAYER666 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:01 pm

I'm in KC tonight. Great crowd. Winning solves everything. Stadium is average at best but the staff is easily the friendliest I've ever encountered at a venue.
SLAYER666
Legend

Postby elprof » Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:37 pm

Millwood wrote:
elprof wrote:

That was the trip where you stalked Bud Selig. I think you even climbed in his backseat while he was eating lunch

I thought about it, but the way he was devouring that dog I don't think I would have made it out of the car.

Virtually everything GOP critics have told us would follow from the policies put in place has not come to pass. You would think that this would occasion a few mea culpas, some rethinking, an admission of poor prognostication. But, alas, it continues.
elprof
Hall of Smack

Postby elprof » Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:31 am

Hell of a win in a five-plus hour game.

Oh, and Freeman hit for the cycle.

Nothing to see here.
elprof
Hall of Smack

Postby Hoosier Fan » Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:34 am

elprof wrote:Hell of a win in a five-plus hour game.

Oh, and Freeman hit for the cycle.

Nothing to see here.

:hammer:
"There you go. Givin' a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck." - Bunk
Hoosier Fan
Hall of Smack

Postby elprof » Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:03 am

I'm enjoying watching a bunch of mostly young guys learn how to play at the big league level.

They just beat the LOLMets for their 4th in a row. They came back from a 3-0 deficit and stole a run in the 8th to go ahead for good.

They'll start losing again soon, so many will be happy to pile on when that happens. Sure to be some really witty putdowns.
elprof
Hall of Smack

Postby elprof » Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:02 pm

:chewy:
elprof
Hall of Smack

Postby Hoosier Fan » Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:43 am

Good win.

Today's trivia. v2 went to the same hitting corch as Tyler Flowers. v2 retired from baseball earlier.
Hoosier Fan
Hall of Smack

Postby Millwood » Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:49 am

Well my dreams of a 120 + loss season have gone up in smoke. Rats!

:rain:
Millwood
All Pro

Postby Hoosier Fan » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:27 am

Starting pitcher is stout.
Starting pitcher gets minimal run support.
Call goes to the bullpen after 7 innings.
Bullpen promptly blows the lead.
Meanwhile, the offense, after getting a couple of runs early becomes MIA, goes dormant, goes into hibernation,
effing DISAPPEARS.
Winning run is plated in the 10th.

AND IT WAS THE OTHER TEAM!!!!

Millsie - should be a market in South Fla for vag cream.

:hammer: :hammer: :hammer:
Hoosier Fan
Hall of Smack

Postby SLAYER666 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:40 pm

Should have fired Fredi sooner.
SLAYER666
Legend

Postby SLAYER666 » Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:02 pm

LOLAaronBlair

Seriously, they need to send him down and pull up their next best AAA guy.
SLAYER666
Legend

Postby elprof » Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:09 pm

Let the kid work on his stuff this time.

http://www.myajc.com/news/sports/baseba ... r-f/nrnWk/
elprof
Hall of Smack

Postby SLAYER666 » Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:19 pm

Absolutely. I'd be fine keeping him there until September call ups. He's young. Plenty of good pitchers had rocky beginnings. It's not over for him.
SLAYER666
Legend

Postby SLAYER666 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:26 am

ALLCAPSBUDNORRIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SLAYER666
Legend

Postby SLAYER666 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:57 pm

No more Bud Norris. You will be missed.
SLAYER666
Legend

Postby juansamuel » Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:24 pm

Omar Infante's back. I might actually go see another game now.
juansamuel
Hall of Smack

Postby elprof » Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:48 pm

I grew up watching Rick Flair and loved the antics.

But this "wooooo" shit at games has got to stop.
elprof
Hall of Smack

Postby chad kilroy » Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:12 pm

I know he's not an All Star, but I enjoy watching Jace Peterson play everyday. I think Wisler and Foltenevichesesessitch have great stuff. I hope they remain in the rotation all year, health willing.
I was here.
chad kilroy
All Pro

Postby elprof » Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:32 pm

Folty is a heck of a BP pitcher.
elprof
Hall of Smack

Postby chad kilroy » Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:43 pm

elprof wrote:Folty is a heck of a BP pitcher.

He pwned the Sox that are White this weekend...maybe he's turning the corner
I was here.
chad kilroy
All Pro

Postby Hoosier Fan » Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:58 pm

chad kilroy wrote:
elprof wrote:Folty is a heck of a BP pitcher.

He pwned the Sox this weekend...maybe he's turning the corner

Hoosier Fan
Hall of Smack

Postby SLAYER666 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:35 am

Not worth it's own thread, but I thought the HR derby was fun as hell last night. They finally found a format that works.
SLAYER666
Legend

Postby THEbrickwall » Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:54 am

SLAYER666 wrote:Not worth it's own thread, but I thought the HR derby was fun as hell last night. They finally found a format that works.

Agreed. Watching hitters take 25 pitches doesn't make for exhilarating TV. That Stanton kid is a beast. Imagine if he played in the Nawtheast or LA...

Sent from my typewriter.
Hotty Toddy!
THEbrickwall
All Pro

Postby Millwood » Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:20 pm

And word around the soup cooler is that Berman's contract with ESPN will not be renewed after this year so we may no longer have to listen to, "back, back, back, back, back, back, back, back, back, back, back, back, back, back, back, back, back, back, back, back, back, back, back, back, back, back, back, back, back, back, back, back, back, back, back, back, back, back, back, back, back, back, back, back, back, back, back, back, back, back, back, back, back, back, back, back, back, back, back, back, back, back .....that one is going to land on Coronado Island!!!" anymore while watching HR derby.

I didn't watch though. Was Berman his usual self?
Millwood
All Pro

Postby elprof » Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:42 pm

I was kinda watching for part of the time. I heard him some at the start but I think they only made us suffer for a while of that.
elprof
Hall of Smack

Postby SLAYER666 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:20 pm

And enough of the ASG winner determining home field. If the ASG is tied after 9 innings go to an impromptu home run derby. 3 guys from each team. Each gets 2 minutes. Total them up and declare a winner!
SLAYER666
Legend

Postby juansamuel » Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:00 pm

Why hasn't Teheran been traded yet? This is a no-brainer to me. Haven't the Braves learned anything from seeing Minor, Jurrjens, Venters, Hanson and Medlen? They need to sell high.
juansamuel
Hall of Smack

Postby elprof » Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:53 pm

juansamuel wrote:Why hasn't Teheran been traded yet? This is a no-brainer to me. Haven't the Braves learned anything from seeing Minor, Jurrjens, Venters, Hanson and Medlen? They need to sell high.

I get wanting to sell high, but at what point do you consider keeping a few good players? Especially young ones with favorable contracts?

I don't have a problem keeping him. Every pitcher in the world doesn't flame out/blow out his elbow just because a few of your guys did.
elprof
Hall of Smack

Postby juansamuel » Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:19 am

elprof wrote:
juansamuel wrote:Why hasn't Teheran been traded yet? This is a no-brainer to me. Haven't the Braves learned anything from seeing Minor, Jurrjens, Venters, Hanson and Medlen? They need to sell high.

I get wanting to sell high, but at what point do you consider keeping a few good players? Especially young ones with favorable contracts?

I don't have a problem keeping him. Every pitcher in the world doesn't flame out/blow out his elbow just because a few of your guys did.

Right, for sure. There is a case for keeping him that I understand. But having a favorable contract seems like all the more reason to get a bigger haul for him.
juansamuel
Hall of Smack

Postby elprof » Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:53 pm

Welcome Matt Kemp!!

Might he be the Braves' version of Rasheed Wallace?
elprof
Hall of Smack

Postby juansamuel » Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:56 pm

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/matt-k ... res-trade/

For Matt Kemp's part, he's excited about being here and he seems to have brought some humility too. It'll be interesting to see what he does.
juansamuel
Hall of Smack

Postby elprof » Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:00 pm

I'd love to see him stay and do some good things here. I just thought he might be moved on to someone who thinks they can content now.
elprof
Hall of Smack

Postby juansamuel » Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:13 pm

elprof wrote:I'd love to see him stay and do some good things here. I just thought he might be moved on to someone who thinks they can content now.

Yeah, I didn't think that he was going to stick around. I thought maybe the Braves would subsidize a bit more of his salary and flip him somewhere else. But that's not how John Hart sounded when I heard him talking on the radio this morning.
juansamuel
Hall of Smack

Postby juansamuel » Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:51 pm

SLAYER666 wrote:
juansamuel wrote:
elprof wrote:WALK OFF FROM FAB FIVE FREDDIE BEYOTCHES!!!

I like how the radio guys are killing Freeman like he's playing in a vacuum. He has no support in the lineup and he still has a .339 OBP and 9 home runs.

Exactly. I think at one point he had 6 HR but only 10 RBI. Can't hit a 3 run bomb when the bases are empty.

Edit - now 9 HR and only 16 RBI. That's just crazy.

26 HR with a .939 OPS now. I'm glad Chernoff and Kincade were so quick to call him out after a week or two into the season.
juansamuel
Hall of Smack

Postby elprof » Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:32 pm

juansamuel wrote:
SLAYER666 wrote:
juansamuel wrote:
elprof wrote:WALK OFF FROM FAB FIVE FREDDIE BEYOTCHES!!!

I like how the radio guys are killing Freeman like he's playing in a vacuum. He has no support in the lineup and he still has a .339 OBP and 9 home runs.

Exactly. I think at one point he had 6 HR but only 10 RBI. Can't hit a 3 run bomb when the bases are empty.

Edit - now 9 HR and only 16 RBI. That's just crazy.

26 HR with a .939 OPS now. I'm glad Chernoff and Kincade were so quick to call him out after a week or two into the season.

Mike Bell tweeted about how awful of a player he was.
elprof
Hall of Smack

Postby elprof » Sun Sep 04, 2016 5:38 pm

I know lots of people have just forgotten about the Braves now that it's FOOTBAW season, but damn if this team isn't showing some promise.

Back to discussing the 3rd string long snapper for THEM DAWGS.
elprof
Hall of Smack

Postby Hoosier Fan » Sun Sep 04, 2016 6:17 pm

elprof wrote:I know lots of people have just forgotten about the Braves now that it's FOOTBAW season, but damn if this team isn't showing some promise.

Back to discussing the 3rd string long snapper for THEM DAWGS.

He's better than any third string long snapper CMR ever had.

I have probably watched less and generally paid less attention to baseball than just about ever. I hope they're making the right moves, because these last two seasons have sucked.
Starting with loading up on pitching is always a good idea, so there's that.

That said, I have started checking the standings and watching a little more, I can't believe Texas is 82-54 and I am looking forward to the NL Playoffs.
Hoosier Fan
Hall of Smack

Postby Millwood » Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:19 am

They need to go ahead and remove the interim tag off of Snitker and make him the manager. The guys obviously respect the hell out of him and busted their asses for the guy.

Freeman had one of the best seasons that you'll never hear anyone talk about outside of Atlanta. Kemp totally changed the dynamic of the lineup so that trade was an A+.

Garcia suddenly makes 3rd base not a problem anymore. He won't win a gold glove or batting title but he's more than fine over there. Ender is solid. Markakis had a damn good year also. Swanson was impressive too.

Add a couple good starting pitchers and maybe a catcher and this team could contend next year. They were a pretty fun group to watch the last 2 months.
Millwood
All Pro

Postby elprof » Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:42 am

Millwood wrote:They need to go ahead and remove the interim tag off of Snitker and make him the manager. The guys obviously respect the hell out of him and busted their asses for the guy.

Freeman had one of the best seasons that you'll never hear anyone talk about outside of Atlanta. Kemp totally changed the dynamic of the lineup so that trade was an A+.

Garcia suddenly makes 3rd base not a problem anymore. He won't win a gold glove or batting title but he's more than fine over there. Ender is solid. Markakis had a damn good year also. Swanson was impressive too.

Add a couple good starting pitchers and maybe a catcher and this team could contend next year. They were a pretty fun group to watch the last 2 months.

Confirm on all of this.
elprof
Hall of Smack

Postby Millwood » Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:54 pm

If they hire Bud Black I'll be shaking my head
Millwood
All Pro

Postby Hoosier Fan » Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:42 am

Millwood wrote:If they hire Bud Black I'll be shaking my head

Looks like Snitker is the man. Good call by the Braves imo and to hear people talk about it he is also
one of the good guys so there's that.
Hoosier Fan
Hall of Smack

Previous

Return to Sports Talk