Braves fucking suck!

Sports, Sports, and more Sports

Braves fucking suck!

Postby Cortez the Killer » Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:33 pm

Late inning meltdowns with a lead.

Old ass catcher can't catch perfectly thrown balls to make the play at home plate.

New shortstop can't make tough throws to first.

It's going to be a long season, sports fans.

this team SUCKS!
User avatar
Cortez the Killer
Legend
 
Posts: 2490
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:45 pm

Re: Braves fucking suck!

Postby juansamuel » Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:19 pm

We'll really get an understanding of Simmons' defensive WAR this year.
User avatar
juansamuel
Hall of Smack
 
Posts: 4894
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:02 pm

Re: Braves fucking suck!

Postby elprof » Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:12 pm

Everybody knew they would suck this year.

And yet people are freaking out over the fact that they do in fact suck.

"Hey...I bet this piece of rotted cheese will really taste bad if I eat it."

(Eats rotted cheese)

I CAN'T FUCKING BELIEVE THAT ROTTED CHEESE TASTES SO FUCKING BAD!!!
Virtually everything GOP critics have told us would follow from the policies put in place has not come to pass. You would think that this would occasion a few mea culpas, some rethinking, an admission of poor prognostication. But, alas, it continues.
elprof
Hall of Smack
 
Posts: 5245
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:34 pm

Re: Braves fucking suck!

Postby Millwood » Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:58 am

elprof wrote:Everybody knew they would suck this year.

And yet people are freaking out over the fact that they do in fact suck.

"Hey...I bet this piece of rotted cheese will really taste bad if I eat it."

(Eats rotted cheese)

I CAN'T FUCKING BELIEVE THAT ROTTED CHEESE TASTES SO FUCKING BAD!!!


I used this bit on the chicken back in the day. I believe I used spoiled milk instead. It was a reply to Sully about listening to 790 despite the fact that he hated the station so much.

Anyway, back to the Braves. It could be a pretty terrible year. I guess the main question is will Freddy G survive. I say no. David Ross will be the new manager when they move into Suntrust
Millwood
All Pro
 
Posts: 742
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:54 am

Re: Braves fucking suck!

Postby Hoosier Fan » Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:15 am

Did Jim Powell or Joe Simpson say they were going to suck?

So the Turner Field Farewell Tour will be about as exciting as Kobe's. smdh
"There you go. Givin' a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck." - Bunk
User avatar
Hoosier Fan
Hall of Smack
 
Posts: 5639
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:15 pm

Re: Braves fucking suck!

Postby juansamuel » Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:00 am

Hoosier Fan wrote:Did Jim Powell or Joe Simpson say they were going to suck?

So the Turner Field Farewell Tour will be about as exciting as Kobe's. smdh



Fuck the Braves for marketing the last season at Turner Field as a thing. Like Hoosier Fan, I'll be at the game where Chris Stapleton performs, but I'll be hard pressed to make it to another game all year.
User avatar
juansamuel
Hall of Smack
 
Posts: 4894
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:02 pm

Re: Braves fucking suck!

Postby elprof » Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:02 am

Millwood wrote:
elprof wrote:Everybody knew they would suck this year.

And yet people are freaking out over the fact that they do in fact suck.

"Hey...I bet this piece of rotted cheese will really taste bad if I eat it."

(Eats rotted cheese)

I CAN'T FUCKING BELIEVE THAT ROTTED CHEESE TASTES SO FUCKING BAD!!!


I used this bit on the chicken back in the day. I believe I used spoiled milk instead. It was a reply to Sully about listening to 790 despite the fact that he hated the station so much.

Anyway, back to the Braves. It could be a pretty terrible year. I guess the main question is will Freddy G survive. I say no. David Ross will be the new manager when they move into Suntrust


I vaguely remember your doing that. I will say that I was "inspired by" your bit and pay you royalties accordingly.

I would be VERY cool with Rossie as the manager. Of course the first time the Braves lose three in a row people will want him fired.
Virtually everything GOP critics have told us would follow from the policies put in place has not come to pass. You would think that this would occasion a few mea culpas, some rethinking, an admission of poor prognostication. But, alas, it continues.
elprof
Hall of Smack
 
Posts: 5245
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:34 pm

Re: Braves fucking suck!

Postby Hoosier Fan » Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:21 pm

elprof wrote:
Millwood wrote:
elprof wrote:Everybody knew they would suck this year.

And yet people are freaking out over the fact that they do in fact suck.

"Hey...I bet this piece of rotted cheese will really taste bad if I eat it."

(Eats rotted cheese)

I CAN'T FUCKING BELIEVE THAT ROTTED CHEESE TASTES SO FUCKING BAD!!!


I used this bit on the chicken back in the day. I believe I used spoiled milk instead. It was a reply to Sully about listening to 790 despite the fact that he hated the station so much.

Anyway, back to the Braves. It could be a pretty terrible year. I guess the main question is will Freddy G survive. I say no. David Ross will be the new manager when they move into Suntrust


I vaguely remember your doing that. I will say that I was "inspired by" your bit and pay you royalties accordingly.

I would be VERY cool with Rossie as the manager. Of course the first time the Braves lose three in a row people will want him fired.


He's still playing. Let me go on record as wanting him fired pre-emptively until he pays his dues. Then we(sic) can rehire.
"There you go. Givin' a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck." - Bunk
User avatar
Hoosier Fan
Hall of Smack
 
Posts: 5639
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:15 pm

Re: Braves fucking suck!

Postby elprof » Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:42 pm

Hoosier Fan wrote:
elprof wrote:
Millwood wrote:
elprof wrote:Everybody knew they would suck this year.

And yet people are freaking out over the fact that they do in fact suck.

"Hey...I bet this piece of rotted cheese will really taste bad if I eat it."

(Eats rotted cheese)

I CAN'T FUCKING BELIEVE THAT ROTTED CHEESE TASTES SO FUCKING BAD!!!


I used this bit on the chicken back in the day. I believe I used spoiled milk instead. It was a reply to Sully about listening to 790 despite the fact that he hated the station so much.

Anyway, back to the Braves. It could be a pretty terrible year. I guess the main question is will Freddy G survive. I say no. David Ross will be the new manager when they move into Suntrust


I vaguely remember your doing that. I will say that I was "inspired by" your bit and pay you royalties accordingly.

I would be VERY cool with Rossie as the manager. Of course the first time the Braves lose three in a row people will want him fired.


He's still playing. Let me go on record as wanting him fired pre-emptively until he pays his dues. Then we(sic) can rehire.


He looks like he won't make the right double-switch in Game 132 next season so he needs to go.
Virtually everything GOP critics have told us would follow from the policies put in place has not come to pass. You would think that this would occasion a few mea culpas, some rethinking, an admission of poor prognostication. But, alas, it continues.
elprof
Hall of Smack
 
Posts: 5245
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:34 pm

Re: Braves fucking suck!

Postby Hoosier Fan » Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:09 pm

elprof wrote:
Hoosier Fan wrote:He's still playing. Let me go on record as wanting him fired pre-emptively until he pays his dues. Then we(sic) can rehire.


He looks like he won't make the right double-switch in Game 132 next season so he needs to go.


This
"There you go. Givin' a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck." - Bunk
User avatar
Hoosier Fan
Hall of Smack
 
Posts: 5639
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:15 pm

Re: Braves fucking suck!

Postby elprof » Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:27 pm

And speaking of double switches, man did you see that one the other day in the Pirates game? The crowd was on its feet the entire time the manger was showing the umpire the little notebook with the names on it. And when that utility player walked on the field it was PANDEMONIUM BABY!!!

I tell you nothing gets me fired up more than a good old double switch!! Way better than watching some schlep like Big Papi bat four times a game.
Virtually everything GOP critics have told us would follow from the policies put in place has not come to pass. You would think that this would occasion a few mea culpas, some rethinking, an admission of poor prognostication. But, alas, it continues.
elprof
Hall of Smack
 
Posts: 5245
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:34 pm

Re: Braves fucking suck!

Postby Cortez the Killer » Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:54 pm

pretty clear from this thread who are the true Braves fans and who are fine with being losers.
User avatar
Cortez the Killer
Legend
 
Posts: 2490
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:45 pm

Re: Braves fucking suck!

Postby elprof » Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:19 pm

Cortez the Killer wrote:pretty clear from this thread who are the true Braves fans and who are fine with being losers.


Pretty clear from HISTORY that you are full of shit in this case.
Virtually everything GOP critics have told us would follow from the policies put in place has not come to pass. You would think that this would occasion a few mea culpas, some rethinking, an admission of poor prognostication. But, alas, it continues.
elprof
Hall of Smack
 
Posts: 5245
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:34 pm

Re: Braves fucking suck!

Postby Hoosier Fan » Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:36 pm

elprof wrote:
Cortez the Killer wrote:pretty clear from this thread who are the true Braves fans and who are fine with being losers.


Pretty clear from HISTORY that you are full of shit in this case.


I am pretty sure everybody in this thread hates when the Braves suck. Just some people aren't that surprised.
"There you go. Givin' a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck." - Bunk
User avatar
Hoosier Fan
Hall of Smack
 
Posts: 5639
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:15 pm

Re: Braves fucking suck!

Postby elprof » Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:19 pm

Hoosier Fan wrote:
elprof wrote:
Cortez the Killer wrote:pretty clear from this thread who are the true Braves fans and who are fine with being losers.


Pretty clear from HISTORY that you are full of shit in this case.


I am pretty sure everybody in this thread hates when the Braves suck. Just some people aren't that surprised.


Ed Zachary.
Virtually everything GOP critics have told us would follow from the policies put in place has not come to pass. You would think that this would occasion a few mea culpas, some rethinking, an admission of poor prognostication. But, alas, it continues.
elprof
Hall of Smack
 
Posts: 5245
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:34 pm

Re: Braves fucking suck!

Postby Hoosier Fan » Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:22 pm

Five of the 8 position players who started tonight are batting .200 or worse.

Freeman is batting .095.

Blow it up.

Wait, it is blowed up.
"There you go. Givin' a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck." - Bunk
User avatar
Hoosier Fan
Hall of Smack
 
Posts: 5639
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:15 pm

Re: Braves fucking suck!

Postby SLAYER666 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:53 am

Only 4.5 games out of the last wild card spot.
SLAYER666
Legend
 
Posts: 2425
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:21 pm

Re: Braves fucking suck!

Postby Dauber Dybinski » Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:31 am

and now we're hitting women :-(.

https://twitter.com/DOBrienAJC/status/7 ... 3561735168

I hope it's not true, and I want to get the whole story. But if it is, he should be gone.
Dauber Dybinski
Starter
 
Posts: 427
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:41 pm

Re: Braves fucking suck!

Postby Millwood » Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:13 pm

I wonder what she did?
Millwood
All Pro
 
Posts: 742
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:54 am

Re: Braves fucking suck!

Postby Dauber Dybinski » Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:42 pm

Millwood wrote:I wonder what she did?


So wrong, yet so funny.
Dauber Dybinski
Starter
 
Posts: 427
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:41 pm

Re: Braves fucking suck!

Postby Millwood » Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:54 pm

Dauber Dybinski wrote:
Millwood wrote:I wonder what she did?


So wrong, yet so funny.


Whatever it was I'm sure she won't do it again.
Millwood
All Pro
 
Posts: 742
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:54 am

Re: Braves fucking suck!

Postby SLAYER666 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:48 am

http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/baseball ... era/nq48s/

Verdict - it's early, very early, but this trade has been a turd sandwich for both teams so far.
SLAYER666
Legend
 
Posts: 2425
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:21 pm

Re: Braves fucking suck!

Postby Dauber Dybinski » Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:13 pm

Yeah, I'm bummed at HO's performance, but no one we traded has panned out either. It's still early on Peraza, but it's curious that LAD already traded him. I'm still optimistic about the pieces we got back that don't hit women.
Dauber Dybinski
Starter
 
Posts: 427
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:41 pm

Re: Braves fucking suck!

Postby SLAYER666 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:05 pm

0-9

OK seriously, WTF
SLAYER666
Legend
 
Posts: 2425
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:21 pm

Re: Braves fucking suck!

Postby SLAYER666 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:28 pm

-31 run differential, 9 runs worse than the 0-9 Twins.

C'mon. WTF.
SLAYER666
Legend
 
Posts: 2425
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:21 pm

Re: Braves fucking suck!

Postby SLAYER666 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:34 pm

Braves batting .199

1962 Mets hit .240

Braves ERA 5.79

1962 Mets ERA 5.04

Dubya
Tee
Eff
?
SLAYER666
Legend
 
Posts: 2425
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:21 pm

Re: Braves fucking suck!

Postby elprof » Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:32 pm

Did Fredi make any cool double-switches on Thursday?

I got Fredi in my "archaic strategy that people pretend is cool" fantasy league.
Virtually everything GOP critics have told us would follow from the policies put in place has not come to pass. You would think that this would occasion a few mea culpas, some rethinking, an admission of poor prognostication. But, alas, it continues.
elprof
Hall of Smack
 
Posts: 5245
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:34 pm

Re: Braves fucking suck!

Postby Cortez the Killer » Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:10 am

SLAYER666 wrote:0-9

OK seriously, WTF


haven't you heard that it's ok because El Prof and anyone who knows anything about baseball knew this was going to happen?

no runs and no wins was to be expected - sucks for you that you don't know anything about baseball.
User avatar
Cortez the Killer
Legend
 
Posts: 2490
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:45 pm

Re: Braves fucking suck!

Postby juansamuel » Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:23 am

I was at the Gwinnett Braves game last night and I'm pretty sure they'd give the Atlanta team a run for their money.
User avatar
juansamuel
Hall of Smack
 
Posts: 4894
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:02 pm

Re: Braves fucking suck!

Postby elprof » Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:49 pm

Cortez the Killer wrote:
SLAYER666 wrote:0-9

OK seriously, WTF


haven't you heard that it's ok because El Prof and anyone who knows anything about baseball knew this was going to happen?

no runs and no wins was to be expected - sucks for you that you don't know anything about baseball.


They probably make some kind of vag cream you can use to feel better.
Virtually everything GOP critics have told us would follow from the policies put in place has not come to pass. You would think that this would occasion a few mea culpas, some rethinking, an admission of poor prognostication. But, alas, it continues.
elprof
Hall of Smack
 
Posts: 5245
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:34 pm

Re: Braves fucking suck!

Postby Millwood » Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:21 pm

TJ's 2 yr old team could prolly beat the Braves

Edit: But in the Braves defense they're pretty damn good 2 yr olds
Millwood
All Pro
 
Posts: 742
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:54 am

Re: Braves fucking suck!

Postby elprof » Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:29 pm

Millwood wrote:TJ's 2 yr old team could prolly beat the Braves


I scouted them last week. Because I know everything about baseball. TJ's got some pop.
Virtually everything GOP critics have told us would follow from the policies put in place has not come to pass. You would think that this would occasion a few mea culpas, some rethinking, an admission of poor prognostication. But, alas, it continues.
elprof
Hall of Smack
 
Posts: 5245
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:34 pm

Re: Braves fucking suck!

Postby Hoosier Fan » Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:43 pm

elprof wrote:
Cortez the Killer wrote:
SLAYER666 wrote:0-9

OK seriously, WTF


haven't you heard that it's ok because El Prof and anyone who knows anything about baseball knew this was going to happen?

no runs and no wins was to be expected - sucks for you that you don't know anything about baseball.


They probably make some kind of vag cream you can use to feel better.


lol

For some reason I couldn't post from my work laptop today, probably because they, you know, want me to use it for work, but I had something like this, but more self-deprecating.

Like, "Yeah, this losing streak is making my vag hurt too."

El pook did it better.
"There you go. Givin' a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck." - Bunk
User avatar
Hoosier Fan
Hall of Smack
 
Posts: 5639
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:15 pm

Re: Braves fucking suck!

Postby SLAYER666 » Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:23 am

LOLBudNorris
SLAYER666
Legend
 
Posts: 2425
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:21 pm

Re: Braves fucking suck!

Postby Millwood » Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:51 am

These cats may be historically bad this year. yeesh

If chicks do indeed dig the long ball this may be the most non pussy gettin' MLB team since the early 1900's
Millwood
All Pro
 
Posts: 742
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:54 am

Re: Braves fucking suck!

Postby SLAYER666 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:04 am

The entire Braves team would be tied for 20th on the individual home run leader board.

But at least they've climbed to 27th in team ERA, even with LOLBudNorris
SLAYER666
Legend
 
Posts: 2425
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:21 pm

Re: Braves fucking suck!

Postby SLAYER666 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:43 pm

MLB network is showing the Braves tonight. Lucky me!!!
SLAYER666
Legend
 
Posts: 2425
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:21 pm

Re: Braves fucking suck!

Postby Hoosier Fan » Sun May 01, 2016 5:27 pm

Why isn't Grilli closing?
"There you go. Givin' a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck." - Bunk
User avatar
Hoosier Fan
Hall of Smack
 
Posts: 5639
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:15 pm

Re: Braves fucking suck!

Postby elprof » Sun May 01, 2016 5:30 pm

Hoosier Fan wrote:Why isn't Grilli closing?


He did. The plan was apparently to blow the lead in the 9th and just let him close it out in the 10th.

Worked perfectly!
Virtually everything GOP critics have told us would follow from the policies put in place has not come to pass. You would think that this would occasion a few mea culpas, some rethinking, an admission of poor prognostication. But, alas, it continues.
elprof
Hall of Smack
 
Posts: 5245
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:34 pm

Re: Braves fucking suck!

Postby Hoosier Fan » Sun May 01, 2016 5:33 pm

elprof wrote:
Hoosier Fan wrote:Why isn't Grilli closing?


He did. The plan was apparently to blow the lead in the 9th and just let him close it out in the 10th.

Worked perfectly!


Genius!
"There you go. Givin' a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck." - Bunk
User avatar
Hoosier Fan
Hall of Smack
 
Posts: 5639
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:15 pm

Re: Braves fucking suck!

Postby SLAYER666 » Fri May 06, 2016 9:12 am

Silver lining - mark Bradley wrote about Shelby Miller today. Apparently he's been hot garbage. Looks like Atlanta sold high on that deal.
SLAYER666
Legend
 
Posts: 2425
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:21 pm

Re: Braves fucking suck!

Postby juansamuel » Fri May 06, 2016 10:09 am

SLAYER666 wrote:Silver lining - mark Bradley wrote about Shelby Miller today. Apparently he's been hot garbage. Looks like Atlanta sold high on that deal.


Greinke's been pretty bad too. I wonder how long Dave Stewart will keep his job.
User avatar
juansamuel
Hall of Smack
 
Posts: 4894
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:02 pm

Re: Braves fucking suck!

Postby elprof » Sat May 07, 2016 9:55 pm

I guess Miller isn't done after all.
Virtually everything GOP critics have told us would follow from the policies put in place has not come to pass. You would think that this would occasion a few mea culpas, some rethinking, an admission of poor prognostication. But, alas, it continues.
elprof
Hall of Smack
 
Posts: 5245
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:34 pm

Re: Braves fucking suck!

Postby SLAYER666 » Sun May 08, 2016 6:24 am

elprof wrote:I guess Miller isn't done after all.


You have to consider the competition.
SLAYER666
Legend
 
Posts: 2425
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:21 pm

Re: Braves fucking suck!

Postby SLAYER666 » Sun May 08, 2016 6:25 am

1-14 at home. That's impossible. Law of averages = they've got at least ONE hot homestand in them (I hope)
SLAYER666
Legend
 
Posts: 2425
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:21 pm

Re: Braves fucking suck!

Postby Hoosier Fan » Thu May 12, 2016 12:37 pm

elprof wrote:
Millwood wrote:TJ's 2 yr old team could prolly beat the Braves

Edit: But in the Braves defense they're pretty damn good 2 yr olds


I scouted them last week. Because I know everything about baseball. TJ's got some pop.


Everyone knows he's juicing.

Image
"There you go. Givin' a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck." - Bunk
User avatar
Hoosier Fan
Hall of Smack
 
Posts: 5639
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:15 pm

Re: Braves fucking suck!

Postby SLAYER666 » Sat May 14, 2016 7:26 pm

Tonight the Braves are looking to avoid their worst start in 105 years. I say FIVE YEAR EXTENSIONS for everyone if they get the job done vs. the defending champs tonight.
SLAYER666
Legend
 
Posts: 2425
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:21 pm

Re: Braves fucking suck!

Postby elprof » Sat May 14, 2016 9:55 pm

Looking good so far.
Virtually everything GOP critics have told us would follow from the policies put in place has not come to pass. You would think that this would occasion a few mea culpas, some rethinking, an admission of poor prognostication. But, alas, it continues.
elprof
Hall of Smack
 
Posts: 5245
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:34 pm

Re: Braves fucking suck!

Postby juansamuel » Sat May 14, 2016 11:56 pm

Is Folty turning a corner?
User avatar
juansamuel
Hall of Smack
 
Posts: 4894
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:02 pm

Re: Braves fucking suck!

Postby SLAYER666 » Sun May 15, 2016 4:04 am

Give Folty the Strasburg contract
SLAYER666
Legend
 
Posts: 2425
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:21 pm

Next

Return to Sports Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests