Falcons - Bolts

Sports, Sports, and more Sports

Falcons - Bolts

Postby elprof » Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:44 pm

7-6 SD at the end of the first quarter.

Need touchdowns against Rivers.
Virtually everything GOP critics have told us would follow from the policies put in place has not come to pass. You would think that this would occasion a few mea culpas, some rethinking, an admission of poor prognostication. But, alas, it continues.
elprof
Hall of Smack

Re: Falcons - Bolts

Postby elprof » Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:24 pm

And the touchdowns have arrived. Some GREAT throws by Ryan and a strip sack by Beasley.

Rivers will be mostly throwing, so let's see if Beasley and the rest can load up more sacks.
Virtually everything GOP critics have told us would follow from the policies put in place has not come to pass. You would think that this would occasion a few mea culpas, some rethinking, an admission of poor prognostication. But, alas, it continues.
elprof
Hall of Smack

Postby elprof » Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:35 pm

Damn. SD made the next drive almost look too easy.

27-17 Birds now.
elprof
Hall of Smack

Postby Hoosier Fan » Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:56 pm

San Diego can light up the scoreboard. Might need to outscore them.
"There you go. Givin' a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck." - Bunk
Hoosier Fan
Hall of Smack

Postby elprof » Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:14 pm

Hoosier Fan wrote:San Diego can light up the scoreboard. Might need to outscore them.

Damn right they can.
elprof
Hall of Smack

Postby Hoosier Fan » Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:12 pm

This isn't too exciting. Rise the fuck Up, bitches!
Hoosier Fan
Hall of Smack

Postby elprof » Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:19 pm

FREE FOOTBALL!!
elprof
Hall of Smack

Postby Hoosier Fan » Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:34 pm

I would not have gone for that 4th down, but that surprises nobody.

#tooconservative
Hoosier Fan
Hall of Smack

Postby SLAYER666 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:43 pm

Sounds like the 2015 team showed up today. Bummer.
SLAYER666
Legend

Postby Hoosier Fan » Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:59 pm

Not really. Chargers have had a lot of near misses. They're good imho. Any given Sunday.

Matt Bryant glances a 58 yard FG off the goal post or we're all fapping with one hand and high-fiving with the other.
Hoosier Fan
Hall of Smack

Postby elprof » Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:11 pm

Defense is still not there yet. Growing pains, but I still like the direction.
elprof
Hall of Smack

Postby juansamuel » Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:34 pm

Quinn made the right call going for it, especially since the defense hadn't made any stops for pretty much the entire second half. In my mind, punting it to them all but ensured a loss, while going for it gave you a better than 50 percent chance of keeping the game going.
juansamuel
Hall of Smack

Postby elprof » Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:39 pm

juansamuel wrote:Quinn made the right call going for it, especially since the defense hadn't made any stops for pretty much the entire second half. In my mind, punting it to them all but ensured a loss, while going for it gave you a better than 50 percent chance of keeping the game going.

I'm with you 100%.
elprof
Hall of Smack

Postby Hoosier Fan » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:42 am

elprof wrote:
juansamuel wrote:Quinn made the right call going for it, especially since the defense hadn't made any stops for pretty much the entire second half. In my mind, punting it to them all but ensured a loss, while going for it gave you a better than 50 percent chance of keeping the game going.

I'm with you 100%.

I would have liked to see them have to go 90 yards, or 60 for a FG I guess, but yeah, they had done just that a couple of times.

I think the thing that looked the most like last year was not being able to get one yard on two tries. Honestly, having seen a couple of the Chargers' losses this year, there was a certain amount of karma in that W for them.

Entertaining game except for the final score. I too like the direction.
Hoosier Fan
Hall of Smack

Postby juansamuel » Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:44 pm

The Falcons looked great in those uniforms. I wish we could have done them proud with a win.
juansamuel
Hall of Smack

Return to Sports Talk