Falcons - Arizona Football Cardinals

Sports, Sports, and more Sports

Falcons - Arizona Football Cardinals

Postby elprof » Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:06 pm

Falcons need to get back to winning. Arizona has underperformed this season, but they are still dangerous.
Virtually everything GOP critics have told us would follow from the policies put in place has not come to pass. You would think that this would occasion a few mea culpas, some rethinking, an admission of poor prognostication. But, alas, it continues.
elprof
Hall of Smack

Re: Falcons - Arizona Football Cardinals

Postby elprof » Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:18 pm

Some great receivers on display in this game.
Virtually everything GOP critics have told us would follow from the policies put in place has not come to pass. You would think that this would occasion a few mea culpas, some rethinking, an admission of poor prognostication. But, alas, it continues.
elprof
Hall of Smack

Postby Cortez the Killer » Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:26 pm

Defense is going to have to bend and not break or this is going to be a shoot out.

I thought the PI on Patrick Peterson was a good call - he had his hands on Julio the entire play and Julio never gets that call. Dirty Birds!
Cortez the Killer
Legend

Postby elprof » Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:45 pm

Cortez the Killer wrote:Defense is going to have to bend and not break or this is going to be a shoot out.

I thought the PI on Patrick Peterson was a good call - he had his hands on Julio the entire play and Julio never gets that call. Dirty Birds!

Same here on the call. I thought it also could have been holding before the ball was thrown.
elprof
Hall of Smack

Postby elprof » Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:46 pm

Falcons o-line just got whipped on that first drive of the second half.
elprof
Hall of Smack

Postby elprof » Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:07 pm

But a nice drive after that. 24-13 now.
elprof
Hall of Smack

Postby elprof » Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:36 pm

Damn...Gabriel. That TD should be all over the highlight shows.

And I think more local people need to admit that Shanahan is having a hell of a year as OC. So many locals ripped him last year that they are hesitant to give him too much credit now.

And I don't think we miss Roddy White at all.
elprof
Hall of Smack

Postby Hoosier Fan » Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:02 pm

Hearing Beasley's name a lot these days.

Also, Dan Quinn's not as dumb as he was a few weeks ago.

Really exciting team to watch and while they may not have a championship defense, yet, it's a damn sight better than it was last year.
"There you go. Givin' a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck." - Bunk
Hoosier Fan
Hall of Smack

Postby elprof » Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:00 pm

Hoosier Fan wrote:Hearing Beasley's name a lot these days.

Also, Dan Quinn's not as dumb as he was a few weeks ago.

Really exciting team to watch and while they may not have a championship defense, yet, it's a damn sight better than it was last year.

Confirm on all of this. Looks like Beasley is another "bust" in the mold of Roddy White. Kincaide called him a bust way back when before Roddy figured it out. It took a long time for JK to admit his mistake. He rarely admits them, so that's at least something.
elprof
Hall of Smack

Postby juansamuel » Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:54 pm

elprof wrote:Damn...Gabriel. That TD should be all over the highlight shows.

And I think more local people need to admit that Shanahan is having a hell of a year as OC. So many locals ripped him last year that they are hesitant to give him too much credit now.

And I don't think we miss Roddy White at all.

I miss Roddy White because he was one of my favorite Falcons. I wish he was around for one last rodeo. He could have served a purpose on this team, but it seemed like he didn't really buy in to the system.

That said, we're fine without him.

Shanahan deserves a lot of credit for this year's success and didn't deserve the beating he was taking last year.
juansamuel
Hall of Smack

Postby chad kilroy » Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:13 pm

I like how Atlanta took all of Cleveland's decent players and made them work.

I still dislike this defense. I'm trying to figure out if the Falcons could beat Washington or New York in the playoffs.
I was here.
chad kilroy
All Pro

Return to Sports Talk