2017 Baseball HOF Class

Sports, Sports, and more Sports

2017 Baseball HOF Class

Postby juansamuel » Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:32 pm

http://joeposnanski.com/no-34-arthur-rhodes/

Joe Posnanski does a great job here summarizing the career of Arthur Rhodes, who you certainly wouldn't think should be in the Hall of Fame. I don't think anyone, but his plan is to write something about everyone on the HOF ballot. Following the longevity of careers of players like Rhodes or Jamie Moyer is one reason I really enjoy baseball.
juansamuel
Hall of Smack

Re: 2017 Baseball HOF Class

Postby chad kilroy » Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:58 pm

I wonder what he wrote for Melvin Mora...ummmm "he had a bunch of kids".
I was here.
chad kilroy
All Pro

Postby elprof » Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:05 pm

chad kilroy wrote:I wonder what he wrote for Melvin Mora...ummmm "he had a bunch of kids".

He can go in the Steve Garvey wing.
Virtually everything GOP critics have told us would follow from the policies put in place has not come to pass. You would think that this would occasion a few mea culpas, some rethinking, an admission of poor prognostication. But, alas, it continues.
elprof
Hall of Smack

Postby Hoosier Fan » Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:51 am

No Warren Zevon? Travesty....

phpBB [video]
"There you go. Givin' a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck." - Bunk
Hoosier Fan
Hall of Smack

Postby juansamuel » Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:16 pm

http://joeposnanski.com/ballot-21-mike-cameron/

Four homers in five innings; Mike Cameron had a very real chance to become the first player and still only to hit five home runs in a Major League game.

He came up twice more. In the seventh, Mike Porzio plunked him with a pitch because of course he did. And then in the ninth, Cameron launched a line drive to right that pushed Jeff Leifer back toward the wall, but the ball did not quite carry out.

That was probably the most famous moment of Cameron’s sprawling career — well that and the time when he crashed into Carlos Beltran when they were both diving for a ball in the outfield — but there were dozens and dozens of small moments, home runs he brought back in, big looping strikeouts with two on and two out, gorgeous sprints home from second on singles. And he exuded happiness all the while. Mike Cameron was not quite a Hall of Famer but he made baseball more fun to watch, and that’s a pretty good way to be remembered.
juansamuel
Hall of Smack

Return to Sports Talk