Falcons - Chefs

Sports, Sports, and more Sports

Falcons - Chefs

Postby elprof » Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:18 pm

KC is a good team. Hopefully the Falcons will bring their A game.

7-6 Falcons early. Blocked extra point by ATL.
Virtually everything GOP critics have told us would follow from the policies put in place has not come to pass. You would think that this would occasion a few mea culpas, some rethinking, an admission of poor prognostication. But, alas, it continues.
elprof
Hall of Smack

Re: Falcons - Chefs

Postby Ridge Runner » Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:46 pm

Birds moving the ball at will (with the help of a lot of KC penalties) but stalling near the goal line with 2 FGs. Hope that doesn't bite 'em in the ass later on.
Ridge Runner
Rookie

Postby elprof » Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:48 pm

Ridge Runner wrote:Birds moving the ball at will (with the help of a lot of KC penalties) but stalling near the goal line with 2 FGs. Hope that doesn't bite 'em in the ass later on.

Confirmed.
Virtually everything GOP critics have told us would follow from the policies put in place has not come to pass. You would think that this would occasion a few mea culpas, some rethinking, an admission of poor prognostication. But, alas, it continues.
elprof
Hall of Smack

Postby elprof » Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:53 pm

Travis Kelce is the latest in a long line of tight ends to run free against the Falcons.
elprof
Hall of Smack

Postby Ridge Runner » Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:59 pm

The punters are not getting much work so far.
Ridge Runner
Rookie

Postby Ridge Runner » Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:59 pm

The punters are not getting much work so far.
Ridge Runner
Rookie

Postby Hoosier Fan » Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:06 pm

I'm heavily invested in the Chiefs for FF. Looking for a 42-41 Falcons win.
"There you go. Givin' a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck." - Bunk
Hoosier Fan
Hall of Smack

Postby elprof » Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:26 pm

Eric Berry with the pick 6.

Shit.
elprof
Hall of Smack

Postby Hoosier Fan » Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:32 pm

elprof wrote:Eric Berry with the pick 6.

Shit.

Too bad, but I don't hate the aggressiveness.
Hoosier Fan
Hall of Smack

Postby elprof » Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:33 pm

Matt Bryant is a golden god.
elprof
Hall of Smack

Postby Cortez the Killer » Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:39 pm

I was about to get really annoyed at Dan Quinn for taking those 2 timeouts to the half but nice leg from Matt Bryant.

As well as Matt Ryan is playing, sometimes he just throws a ball or two RIGHT AT the defense. It's baffling.
Cortez the Killer
Legend

Postby Cortez the Killer » Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:53 pm

Oh my G*d. How do the Falcons get caught by surprise on that fake punt?
Cortez the Killer
Legend

Postby elprof » Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:54 pm

Good grief.
elprof
Hall of Smack

Postby Cortez the Killer » Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:59 pm

But I do love watching Coleman and Freeman run like a couple of crazed dogs.
Cortez the Killer
Legend

Postby Cortez the Killer » Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:02 pm

Why don't we run the ball on 4th and 1?
Cortez the Killer
Legend

Postby elprof » Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:27 pm

Excellent drive to get close. Looked like defensive holding on the two-point try, but the refs like to swallow whistles at key times.
elprof
Hall of Smack

Postby elprof » Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:48 pm

Double good grief.
elprof
Hall of Smack

Postby Cortez the Killer » Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:23 pm

Wow what an embarrassing loss.
Cortez the Killer
Legend

Postby Hoosier Fan » Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:38 pm

Cortez the Killer wrote:Wow what an embarrassing loss.

If you're talking about the opponent, they're 20-4 in their last 24 and 5-2 on the road this year, so not really.

If you're talking about can there be any more of a dipshit way to lose a game, then yes, really.
Hoosier Fan
Hall of Smack

Postby juansamuel » Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:28 pm

They should have kicked the FG earlier in the game rather than going for it. They had plenty of time left. I'm a big fan of going for it on 4th and short, but not really in that spot when you have guaranteed points and plenty of time.

The plus side is we could have beaten a good team and it really wasn't our best day in a lot of different phases.
juansamuel
Hall of Smack

Postby chad kilroy » Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:39 pm

Dan Quinn may be a good motivator, practice organizer and player personnel evaluater but he sucks canal water with a straw as an in game coach. Timeouts - clueless. When to go for a 4th down - moronic. Time management and overall in game team dealer - dumb as a box of Kardashians.
I was here.
chad kilroy
All Pro

Postby juansamuel » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:12 pm

chad kilroy wrote:Dan Quinn may be a good motivator, practice organizer and player personnel evaluater but he sucks canal water with a straw as an in game coach. Timeouts - clueless. When to go for a 4th down - moronic. Time management and overall in game team dealer - dumb as a box of Kardashians.

I think this is a bit harsh. That Green Bay win was largely due to great clock management. That said, there was some shitty timeout usage in this game.
juansamuel
Hall of Smack

Postby Hoosier Fan » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:33 pm

juansamuel wrote:
chad kilroy wrote:Dan Quinn may be a good motivator, practice organizer and player personnel evaluater but he sucks canal water with a straw as an in game coach. Timeouts - clueless. When to go for a 4th down - moronic. Time management and overall in game team dealer - dumb as a box of Kardashians.

I think this is a bit harsh. That Green Bay win was largely due to great clock management. That said, there was some shitty timeout usage in this game.

I would have kicked the field goal to get to 27-19, but I say that about 50 times a year. That said, this one is on the QB. I have NO idea what he thought he saw on that pass. Pretty much all I saw were Chiefs. Chuck the ball into the stands and count on your defense.
Hoosier Fan
Hall of Smack

Return to Sports Talk