Wild Card Weekend

Sports, Sports, and more Sports

Wild Card Weekend

Postby elprof » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:50 pm

I only see one truly compelling game...Giants-Packers on Sunday.

Oakland got a terrible break when Carr went down.

Houston is just miserable.

Detroit had promise but faded at the end. Stafford's broken finger a major factor.

Seattle has had a weirdly erratic season.

Pittsburg looks dangerous at times.

Miami was looking good until they lost their QB.

I don't have any strong rooting interest this weekend. I don't want GB or NY to come here next weekend so it would be better for Seattle to win and come here. But, as a great philosopher recently said, they, like the Falcons, can beat anyone or lose to anyone.

I'll have the tv on the games, but I won't be watching that closely.
Virtually everything GOP critics have told us would follow from the policies put in place has not come to pass. You would think that this would occasion a few mea culpas, some rethinking, an admission of poor prognostication. But, alas, it continues.
elprof
Hall of Smack

Re: Wild Card Weekend

Postby Hoosier Fan » Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:02 pm

elprof wrote:I only see one truly compelling game...Giants-Packers on Sunday.

Detroit had promise but faded at the end. Stafford's broken finger a major factor.

I don't have any strong rooting interest this weekend. I don't want GB or NY to come here next weekend so it would be better for Seattle to win and come here. But, as a great philosopher recently said, they, like the Falcons, can beat anyone or lose to anyone.

Pretty much all of this.

I thought the Giants were doing a good job keeping Rodgers in the pocket on that touchdown. He still found a way. So glad he's not coming here next weekend.
Not that the Seahawks don't worry me too. Can't we play the Browns?
"There you go. Givin' a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck." - Bunk
Hoosier Fan
Hall of Smack

Postby Hoosier Fan » Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:02 pm

elprof wrote:I only see one truly compelling game...Giants-Packers on Sunday.

Pretty much all of this.

I thought the Giants were doing a good job keeping Rodgers in the pocket on that touchdown. He still found a way. So glad he's not coming here next weekend.
Not that the Seahawks don't worry me too. Can't we play the Browns?
"There you go. Givin' a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck." - Bunk
Hoosier Fan
Hall of Smack

Postby elprof » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:31 pm

I think I'd rather go to Dallas than have Rodgers come here.
Virtually everything GOP critics have told us would follow from the policies put in place has not come to pass. You would think that this would occasion a few mea culpas, some rethinking, an admission of poor prognostication. But, alas, it continues.
elprof
Hall of Smack

Postby Millwood » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:39 pm

elprof wrote:I think I'd rather go to Dallas than have Rodgers come here.

Yeap
Millwood
All Pro

Postby juansamuel » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:43 pm

I've never seen a RB quite like Leveon Bell. The only other runner that halfway reminds me of him is Emmitt Smith. On a lot of his carries, he just picks his way through the hole. Maybe I don't know what I'm looking at, but is he able to do this because his offensive line is so good, or is just that savvy a runner that he can make something out of nothing?

Matt Moore is the best backup QB in the league not named Romo IMHO. I just don't think he was quite right after that hit when they were driving at the end of the half to make it a one score game.

I really wanted to see the Raiders make some noise in the playoffs this year. Connor Cook unfortunately had the worst QB performance since the Cardinal went up against the Panthers a couple of years ago when they started a guy whose name I can't recall. Oh yeah, and Carson Palmer last year too.
juansamuel
Hall of Smack

Return to Sports Talk