Falcons vs. Packers

Sports, Sports, and more Sports

Falcons vs. Packers

Postby Cortez the Killer » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:45 pm

This game makes me very nervous. The Falcons are relatively healthy and the Packers are not.

If the Falcons get blown away tomorrow, I would be super annoyed (but not surprised.)

If the game is close but the Falcons lose, I would also be super annoyed (but not surprised.)

If the Falcons win in a blowout I would be drunk with happiness and other things and mostly surprised.

How about a blowout and a win for the good guys BOOM !!!!!!
Cortez the Killer
Legend

Re: Falcons vs. Packers

Postby elprof » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:36 am

Only a few I've heard in the national media have realized that the young Falcons' defense has really improved. It's mostly "The Falcons can't stop anybody!"

It will be tough to stop Rodgers, but forcing a couple of turnovers would be huge.

I'm hoping for a sloppy drunk Cortez.
Virtually everything GOP critics have told us would follow from the policies put in place has not come to pass. You would think that this would occasion a few mea culpas, some rethinking, an admission of poor prognostication. But, alas, it continues.
elprof
Hall of Smack

Postby elprof » Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:06 pm

And now we're under another tornado watch until 8. Hope the power will stay on.
Virtually everything GOP critics have told us would follow from the policies put in place has not come to pass. You would think that this would occasion a few mea culpas, some rethinking, an admission of poor prognostication. But, alas, it continues.
elprof
Hall of Smack

Postby Hoosier Fan » Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:38 pm

Voted - drunk Cortez

edit: drunker...
"There you go. Givin' a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck." - Bunk
Hoosier Fan
Hall of Smack

Postby elprof » Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:19 pm

Okay, we know our offense can score. Great drive.

Come on defense.
elprof
Hall of Smack

Postby elprof » Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:51 pm

Got a break on the missed FG.

Made a great play on the fumble.

Defense is going to give up a lot of yards, but keeping them off the board so far.
elprof
Hall of Smack

Postby elprof » Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:04 pm

17-0 now. Amazing.

DON'T LET UP!!!
elprof
Hall of Smack

Postby elprof » Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:33 pm

Somebody get bail money ready for Cortez.
elprof
Hall of Smack

Postby Hoosier Fan » Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:04 pm

:hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:
Hoosier Fan
Hall of Smack

Postby elprof » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:05 am

Pats an early 3-point favorite. Seems about right.

It's going to take a hell of an effort to beat them, but damn I think our guys can do the job.
elprof
Hall of Smack

Postby Cortez the Killer » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:35 am

What happened?
Cortez the Killer
Legend

Postby Hoosier Fan » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:14 am

elprof wrote:Pats an early 3-point favorite. Seems about right.

It's going to take a hell of an effort to beat them, but damn I think our guys can do the job.

Look to how Denver beat them last year. Get to Brady early and often. Otherwise we'll have to outscore them. Of course they fired their OL coach after the Denver game and after being sacked 38 times in 16 games last year, he was only sacked 15 times in 12 games this year. At least we don't have to deal with Gronk.

#1 offense vs #1 defense - that's pretty cool.

Heady stuff.
Hoosier Fan
Hall of Smack

Postby juansamuel » Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:34 pm

juansamuel
Hall of Smack

Postby juansamuel » Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:35 pm

juansamuel
Hall of Smack

Postby elprof » Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:14 pm

Juan...I'm assuming you and your brother were there. Is he going to write about it?
elprof
Hall of Smack

Postby juansamuel » Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:22 pm

elprof wrote:Juan...I'm assuming you and your brother were there. Is he going to write about it?

Yes, we were there. I doubt he'll write about it, however. He's pretty wrapped up in the CNN job that he has now.
juansamuel
Hall of Smack

Return to Sports Talk