Brandon Phillips

Sports, Sports, and more Sports

Brandon Phillips

Postby elprof » Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:18 pm

Hopefully the devastation of the Super Bowl has faded at least somewhat and now we can start looking forward to an improved Braves team.

I love the acquisition of Brandon Phillips. It's most likely only for this one year, but the Reds are paying all but 1 million of his salary. The Braves didn't give back anything of significance, so it's a one-year solution until Albies is ready.

I don't think that anyone is expecting a playoff run, but I can see a team that will finish around .500 and seriously contend next year and for several to come after that.
Virtually everything GOP critics have told us would follow from the policies put in place has not come to pass. You would think that this would occasion a few mea culpas, some rethinking, an admission of poor prognostication. But, alas, it continues.
elprof
Hall of Smack

Re: Brandon Phillips

Postby Bmack » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:29 am

I can't think of anything negative about this trade.
Bmack
Legend

Postby Gus » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:29 pm

elprof wrote:Hopefully the devastation of the Super Bowl has faded at least somewhat

NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE

elprof wrote: now we can start looking forward to an improved Braves team.

As a resident of Cobb County, I am dreading the upcoming season as the traffic is going to SUCK. I don't understand those elevated roads. They have no exits. So, is it an express lane from Woodstock.

Also: divorce sucks. I don't recommend it for anyone
Gus
All Pro

Postby elprof » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:01 pm

Gus wrote:
elprof wrote:Hopefully the devastation of the Super Bowl has faded at least somewhat

As a resident of Cobb County, I am dreading the upcoming season as the traffic is going to SUCK. I don't understand those elevated roads. They have no exits. So, is it an express lane from Woodstock.

Damn, Gus. Sorry to learn about the divorce.
Virtually everything GOP critics have told us would follow from the policies put in place has not come to pass. You would think that this would occasion a few mea culpas, some rethinking, an admission of poor prognostication. But, alas, it continues.
elprof
Hall of Smack

Postby Hoosier Fan » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:40 am

Gus wrote:

Wow, sorry to hear. Yeah, your experience is consistent with everyone I know that has been through it.
"There you go. Givin' a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck." - Bunk
Hoosier Fan
Hall of Smack

Postby juansamuel » Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:43 pm

juansamuel
Hall of Smack

Return to Sports Talk