Broken Record - 680

Sports, Sports, and more Sports

Broken Record - 680

Postby Hoosier Fan » Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:16 pm

I've been mostly listening to music, podcasts and lectures. Today I ventured out during midday and decided to give the Front Row a listen what with football starting up and baseball heating up. Well baseball is heating up everywhere else.

Steak must have dropped an uhhhm every three seconds. He and Sandra were trying to tell a LeVar Ball story and between his babbling, their "clever" asides and her not really knowing if there was a point about how he treats women or that he's just a douche, it was a tangled mess. I'm still not sure what they were driving at.

Then they were talking about Chris Christy and the Cubs fan at the Brewers' game and, again, got lost in the story and ended up sort of trailing off with no apparent point.

It's hard to believe that after all this time, nothing has really changed and the midday shift is so abjectly mediocre.

I do tune in some mornings because I do like to hear Dimino talk baseball, but damn, then Rude has to jump in and make the show "edgy" with his cutting edge wit.
Cutting edge for 1981 that is. *click*
"There you go. Givin' a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck." - Bunk
Hoosier Fan
Hall of Smack

Re: Broken Record - 680

Postby elprof » Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:55 pm

Dan LeBatard's show is just about the only sports talk I can tolerate.
Virtually everything GOP critics have told us would follow from the policies put in place has not come to pass. You would think that this would occasion a few mea culpas, some rethinking, an admission of poor prognostication. But, alas, it continues.
elprof
Hall of Smack

Re: Broken Record - 680

Postby Bmack » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:04 pm

I recently started to listen to podcasts. Didn't think I would like it, but the pardon my take podcast is pretty good.
Bmack
Legend

Return to Sports Talk