Solar Eclipse Across America

You Heard Me

Solar Eclipse Across America

Postby elprof » Thu May 11, 2017 11:31 pm

This may or may not be of any interest, but here goes.

On August 21st there will be a solar eclipse visible all across the continental USA.

The media will start hyping this soon, so get ready. If at all possible, you should try to see the full eclipse. You'll have to get inside a 70-mile wide stretch that runs from Oregon to South Carolina. You can see a partial eclipse from everywhere outside that corridor.

I'll be traveling to Wyoming to photograph it.

Screen Shot 2017-05-11 at 11.28.37 PM.png

Lots of great info here.

https://www.greatamericaneclipse.com/
Virtually everything GOP critics have told us would follow from the policies put in place has not come to pass. You would think that this would occasion a few mea culpas, some rethinking, an admission of poor prognostication. But, alas, it continues.
elprof
Hall of Smack

Re: Solar Eclipse Across America

Postby misterjingo » Sun May 14, 2017 10:22 pm

I've been trying to plan this for awhile. I think I'm going to try to go to TN or SC. Of course hopefully the weather will hold out....
misterjingo
Rookie

Postby elprof » Mon May 15, 2017 10:55 pm

misterjingo wrote:I've been trying to plan this for awhile. I think I'm going to try to go to TN or SC. Of course hopefully the weather will hold out....

The weather is why I'm getting out of the south. August afternoons have a bad potential for haze and/or thunderstorms.
Virtually everything GOP critics have told us would follow from the policies put in place has not come to pass. You would think that this would occasion a few mea culpas, some rethinking, an admission of poor prognostication. But, alas, it continues.
elprof
Hall of Smack

Postby misterjingo » Wed May 17, 2017 10:42 am

elprof wrote:
misterjingo wrote:I've been trying to plan this for awhile. I think I'm going to try to go to TN or SC. Of course hopefully the weather will hold out....

The weather is why I'm getting out of the south. August afternoons have a bad potential for haze and/or thunderstorms.

Very true. Unfortunately I think I'm going to be stuck in the SE at that time.
misterjingo
Rookie

Postby juansamuel » Wed May 17, 2017 6:07 pm

Wyoming should be a great place to see it.
juansamuel
Hall of Smack

Postby Millwood » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:49 pm

Be sure to post the pics here asshump. Thx bye
Millwood
All Pro

Return to Whatever