I had a wisdom tooth removed today.

You Heard Me

I had a wisdom tooth removed today.

Postby Bmack » Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:47 pm

First time getting the nitrous. percocet for the pain. Vacation next week. Fridge full of beer. things are looking up.
Bmack
Legend

Re: I had a wisdom tooth removed today.

Postby Dauber Dybinski » Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:41 pm

Wait until you get dry sockets and let us know if things are looking up.
Dauber Dybinski
Starter

Postby Bmack » Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:27 pm

Are the dry sockets guaranteed?
Bmack
Legend

Postby Hoosier Fan » Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:46 pm

Bmack wrote:First time getting the nitrous. percocet for the pain. Vacation next week. Fridge full of beer. things are looking up.

I had all 4 yanked at once. Scheduled it to coincide with the Ryder Cup. Didn't like the way percocet made me feel, so I nutted it up until I got dry sockets, then I took it and slept through most of the Ryder Cup. Miserable experience, but only for a couple of days.
"There you go. Givin' a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck." - Bunk
Hoosier Fan
Hall of Smack

Postby Dauber Dybinski » Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:07 am

I don't know if dry sockets are guaranteed, but I had a similar experience to hoosier fan, except my pain lasted about a week. I had all 4 taken out at the same time as well.
Dauber Dybinski
Starter

Postby SLAYER666 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:27 am

I had all 4 yanked. They put me under for the procedure. Thankfully, had no problems post-procedure.

Strange side effect - I swear I started having fewer headaches after they got yanked.
SLAYER666
Legend

Postby Cortez the Killer » Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:34 am

had mine yanked in college (parent's insurance) - I swear I came to during the procedure and have a vivid recollection of the dentist standing over to me and pulling my teeth out.

got the procedure done on a Friday, slept through the weekend, had to drive back to Auburn on Sunday for classes on Monday so no painkillers. smoked cigarettes the whole way and did not give a fuck.

middle of the summer, too, so that was a hot ride back.
Cortez the Killer
Legend

Postby Millwood » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:57 am

The US Navy pulled my 4. A couple shots to numb my mouth and then they yanked those fuckers out while awake. I could have sworn the guy was going to break my jaw. The one thing I remember is the dentist asked where I was from. I told him Georgia and then he preceded to talk about Valdosta HS football. Kinda odd

On the way out I got 500 mg Motrin for the pain afterwards.
Millwood
All Pro

Postby SLAYER666 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:26 am

Millwood wrote:The US Navy pulled my 4. A couple shots to numb my mouth and then they yanked those fuckers out while awake. I could have sworn the guy was going to break my jaw. The one thing I remember is the dentist asked where I was from. I told him Georgia and then he preceded to talk about Valdosta HS football. Kinda odd

Your story echoes that of a former co-worker of mine, minus the Valdosta football part. Sounded freaking brutal.
SLAYER666
Legend

Postby Hoosier Fan » Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:27 pm

Cortez the Killer wrote:had mine yanked in college (parent's insurance) - I swear I came to during the procedure and have a vivid recollection of the dentist standing over to me and pulling my teeth out.

got the procedure done on a Friday, slept through the weekend, had to drive back to Auburn on Sunday for classes on Monday so no painkillers. smoked cigarettes the whole way and did not give a fuck.

The first time I read this I thought it said "...I swear I came during the procedure...".

Thought maybe more than your teeth got pulled.
"There you go. Givin' a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck." - Bunk
Hoosier Fan
Hall of Smack

Postby THEbrickwall » Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:07 pm

Hoosier Fan wrote:
Cortez the Killer wrote:had mine yanked in college (parent's insurance) - I swear I came to during the procedure and have a vivid recollection of the dentist standing over to me and pulling my teeth out.

The first time I read this I thought it said "...I swear I came during the procedure...".

[THUMBS UP SIGN][THUMBS UP SIGN][THUMBS UP SIGN][HUNDRED POINTS SYMBOL][HUNDRED POINTS SYMBOL][HUNDRED POINTS SYMBOL]

Sent from my typewriter.
Hotty Toddy!
THEbrickwall
All Pro

Postby Dauber Dybinski » Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:10 pm

SLAYER666 wrote:
Millwood wrote:The US Navy pulled my 4. A couple shots to numb my mouth and then they yanked those fuckers out while awake. I could have sworn the guy was going to break my jaw. The one thing I remember is the dentist asked where I was from. I told him Georgia and then he preceded to talk about Valdosta HS football. Kinda odd

Your story echoes that of a former co-worker of mine, minus the Valdosta football part. Sounded freaking brutal.

I didn't go under either. It really wasn't that bad other than one tooth the doctor had to break to get it out. It was gross hearing the cracking. It seems like it would've cost me an extra $500 or so to knock me out, and I don't like spending money.
Dauber Dybinski
Starter

Postby Cortez the Killer » Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:44 pm

THEbrickwall wrote:
Hoosier Fan wrote:

[THUMBS UP SIGN][THUMBS UP SIGN][THUMBS UP SIGN][HUNDRED POINTS SYMBOL][HUNDRED POINTS SYMBOL][HUNDRED POINTS SYMBOL]

Sent from my typewriter.

yeah I re-wrote that sentence several times because it kept sounding really weird - even the re-write doesn't sound very good.

but truthfully, I remember they told me to wear loose fitting clothes - I have no idea why.

I remember waking up and I was FREEZING - possibly a side effect of the anesthesia?

and the doctor seemed to be (in my haze) on top of the table with me, literally hovering over me and yanking my damn teefies out.

I could have hallucinated the whole thing but I don't think so...

fast-forward to after the procedure is done and I'm running through the parking lot with my mom chasing me and then me arguing with her that I wanted to drive home.

encore performance: my first food after having them taken out was potato soup or something my mom made - entertained the entire family while I tried to eat the soup and had it all running down my face because it was completely numb.

good times - never again.
Cortez the Killer
Legend

Postby Millwood » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:46 pm

SLAYER666 wrote:

Military guy? It wasn't totally brutal but not pleasant. Saved my folks some money...
Millwood
All Pro

Postby SLAYER666 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:24 pm

Millwood wrote:
SLAYER666 wrote:

Military guy? It wasn't totally brutal but not pleasant. Saved my folks some money...

Yep. Might even have been Navy but I don't recall with certainty.
SLAYER666
Legend

Postby misterjingo » Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:41 am

I had mine done when I was in college too. Went in, got knocked out, had all 4 removed. I woke up, my dad got the drugs and took me back home. I ended up crashing pretty much the rest of that day. Afterwards I woke up the next day and felt great. I also remembered my sister getting dry socket and the pain she was in so I was rinsing my mouth like a motherfucker.
misterjingo
Rookie

Return to Whatever