You Heard Me

Oklahoma's about to execute a likely innocent man

Postby juansamuel » Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:56 pm

juansamuel
Hall of Smack

Re: Oklahoma's about to execute a likely innocent man

Postby Cortez the Killer » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:03 pm

Let me make sure I have this right.

Dude beats a guy to death with a baseball bat.

Says his boss paid him to kill the guy.

Dude gets a life sentence.

Boss gets the death penalty.

That some 'Murrica right there. What a country.
Cortez the Killer
Legend

Postby elprof » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:36 pm

Similar situation with the woman who was executed in GA last night. She talked her boyfriend into killing her husband.

Boyfriend testifies against her, she gets death penalty and he gets life.

Fucked up beyond belief.
Virtually everything GOP critics have told us would follow from the policies put in place has not come to pass. You would think that this would occasion a few mea culpas, some rethinking, an admission of poor prognostication. But, alas, it continues.
elprof
Hall of Smack

Postby Millwood » Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:38 pm

Sounds like a couple of folks shouldn't have hired/paid/asked someone to kill a person they wanted dead. Or at least not done it in OK or GA
Millwood
All Pro

Postby elprof » Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:33 pm

Millwood wrote:Sounds like a couple of folks shouldn't have hired/paid/asked someone to kill a person they wanted dead. Or at least not done it in OK or GA

Of course they shouldn't have. Lots of people do things they shouldn't do. Killing them serves no real purpose.
Virtually everything GOP critics have told us would follow from the policies put in place has not come to pass. You would think that this would occasion a few mea culpas, some rethinking, an admission of poor prognostication. But, alas, it continues.
elprof
Hall of Smack

Postby Millwood » Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:51 pm

elprof wrote:
Millwood wrote:Sounds like a couple of folks shouldn't have hired/paid/asked someone to kill a person they wanted dead. Or at least not done it in OK or GA

Of course they shouldn't have. Lots of people do things they shouldn't do. Killing them serves no real purpose.

I know it doesn't. I just felt like using my old, "sounds like someone shouldn't have...." line. You know, for old times sake.

Life without parole is probably a more miserable experience than death by lethal injection. It would be to me anyway. I'd do away with the death penalty.
Millwood
All Pro

Postby Jack Hammer » Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:02 pm

You should read The Autobiography of an Execution by David Dow. Makes a skeptic of even a far righty like me.

Google the "Bali Nine Duo" or "Lindsay Sandiford" if you want to see f***ed up capital punishment in another country.
"I can imagine no more rewarding a career. And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the United States Navy.'" J. F. Kennedy
Jack Hammer
Starter

Return to Whatever