Programming Note-Old White People's Debate Tonight

You Heard Me

Programming Note-Old White People's Debate Tonight

Postby Hoosier Fan » Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:18 pm

Wait, what? I thought the Democrats were debating tonight.

#cognitivedissonance
"There you go. Givin' a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck." - Bunk
Hoosier Fan
Hall of Smack

Re: Programming Note-Old White People's Debate Tonight

Postby SLAYER666 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:37 pm

Almost as crazy as an 84 year old white foreigner talking about a real black president.
SLAYER666
Legend

Postby elprof » Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:00 pm

Dems haven't done enough by electing ONE black president? The best the repubs can come up with it is....

wait....

still waiting....
Virtually everything GOP critics have told us would follow from the policies put in place has not come to pass. You would think that this would occasion a few mea culpas, some rethinking, an admission of poor prognostication. But, alas, it continues.
elprof
Hall of Smack

Postby cheapseats » Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:51 pm

do you REALLY want to call out the DNC for inclusivity?

Last I checked the DNC was 28 years ahead of the GOP on women on the ticket and the clock is still ticking on racial minorities.

cheapseats
Legend

Postby Cortez the Killer » Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:07 pm

loved this quote from Bernie Sanders: "Let me say something that may not be great politics, but I think the Secretary is right. And that is that the American people are sick and tired of hearing about your damn emails."
Cortez the Killer
Legend

Postby Hoosier Fan » Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:00 am

Cortez the Killer wrote:loved this quote from Bernie Sanders: "Let me say something that may not be great politics, but I think the Secretary is right. And that is that the American people are sick and tired of hearing about your damn emails."

Well, if enough of her former aides plead the fifth and she keeps lying, we won't hear any more about them. Not anything factual any way.
Hoosier Fan
Hall of Smack

Postby cheapseats » Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:07 am

Of course when Reagan sold weapons to terrorists to fund a private war it was nothing but political grandstanding...
cheapseats
Legend

Postby Hoosier Fan » Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:18 pm

cheapseats wrote:Of course when Reagan sold weapons to terrorists to fund a private war it was nothing but political grandstanding...

I don't remember defending that, but be careful or El Kabong is gonna hit you with a "hay lookie over there"...

Followed by a litany of Pinochet's crimes.

We'll put you down as okie dokie with the whole thing. Ditto CtK and Bernie.
Hoosier Fan
Hall of Smack

Postby elprof » Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:47 pm

Angry righty doodz are so fun.
Virtually everything GOP critics have told us would follow from the policies put in place has not come to pass. You would think that this would occasion a few mea culpas, some rethinking, an admission of poor prognostication. But, alas, it continues.
elprof
Hall of Smack

Postby Hoosier Fan » Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:03 pm

elprof wrote:Angry righty doodz are so fun.

Everybody's got reason to be angry as far as I can tell. Nobody's being served very well outside of Manhattan and the Virginia counties around DC.
Hoosier Fan
Hall of Smack

Postby elprof » Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:08 pm

Plenty are being served very well. Your definitiion of "very well" clearly means something different than those people, myself included.

So we'll just "put you down" as angry like we did originally.
elprof
Hall of Smack

Postby Cortez the Killer » Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:49 pm

Hoosier Fan wrote:
Cortez the Killer wrote:loved this quote from Bernie Sanders: "Let me say something that may not be great politics, but I think the Secretary is right. And that is that the American people are sick and tired of hearing about your damn emails."

Well, if enough of her former aides plead the fifth and she keeps lying, we won't hear any more about them. Not anything factual any way.

the American people are sick and tired of reading your damn posts.
Cortez the Killer
Legend

Postby Hoosier Fan » Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:58 pm

Cortez the Killer wrote:
Hoosier Fan wrote:

the American people are sick and tired of reading your damn posts.

This post needs a *love* button...
Hoosier Fan
Hall of Smack

Postby cheapseats » Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:54 am

Hoosier Fan wrote:
cheapseats wrote:Of course when Reagan sold weapons to terrorists to fund a private war it was nothing but political grandstanding...

I don't remember defending that, but be careful or El Kabong is gonna hit you with a "hay lookie over there"...

Followed by a litany of Pinochet's crimes.

We'll put you down as okie dokie with the whole thing. Ditto CtK and Bernie.

As far as I'm aware, she followed the law as it existed when she was secretary and hasn't been charged with any crime. Am I supposed to be outraged because a politician didn't volunteer every bit of her personal correspondence on request?

So, yeah. I guess I'm totally okie dokie. You'll note that multiple members of the Reagan whitehouse were guilty of significant felonies - 11 were convicted and ALL were pardoned by Bush. I'll assume YOU'RE totally okie dokei with that?
cheapseats
Legend

Postby cheapseats » Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:59 am

Hoosier Fan wrote:
elprof wrote:Angry righty doodz are so fun.

Everybody's got reason to be angry as far as I can tell. Nobody's being served very well outside of Manhattan and the Virginia counties around DC.

cheapseats
Legend

Postby Hoosier Fan » Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:29 pm

Thankfully bin Laden's death solved all that unpleasantness in the mid-east.

The violent crime decrease seems to track inversely with the mass incarceration increase. So are we celebrating???

The stock market has disproportionately benefited the 1% and helped contribute to increasing inequality. So are we celebrating??

The Fed's maintaining virtually 0% interest rates indicates that they are less impressed with the GDP growth and unemployment rates than you are.

But hey, you and I got ours, so let's party....
Hoosier Fan
Hall of Smack

Postby elprof » Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:00 pm

Hoosier Fan wrote:The violent crime decrease seems to track inversely with the mass incarceration increase. So are we celebrating???

The stock market has disproportionately benefited the 1% and helped contribute to increasing inequality. So are we celebrating??

Rich white people sure as hell are.
elprof
Hall of Smack

Postby Hoosier Fan » Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:24 am

elprof wrote:
Hoosier Fan wrote:The violent crime decrease seems to track inversely with the mass incarceration increase. So are we celebrating???

Rich white people sure as hell are.

Well, yeah, that was kind of my point.
Hoosier Fan
Hall of Smack

Postby elprof » Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:53 pm

And yet you forgot to include why they are still so angry.

Oh wait. Now I remember.
elprof
Hall of Smack

Postby SLAYER666 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:56 am

Correlation does not equal causation. It probably also tracks inversely with hi-speed internet access. So maybe crazy guys are home beating off and playing x-box live instead of committing crime.
SLAYER666
Legend

Postby Cortez the Killer » Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:49 am

SLAYER666 wrote:So maybe crazy guys are home beating off and playing x-box live instead of committing crime.

you rang?
Cortez the Killer
Legend

Postby SLAYER666 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:50 pm

Cortez the Killer wrote:
SLAYER666 wrote:So maybe crazy guys are home beating off and playing x-box live instead of committing crime.

you rang?

Still down for some Gears of War at 7pm?
SLAYER666
Legend

Postby Cortez the Killer » Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:59 pm

SLAYER666 wrote:
Cortez the Killer wrote:

you rang?

Still down for some Gears of War at 7pm?

Mom told me to clean up the basement but I'm almost through - talk to you in a few.
Cortez the Killer
Legend

Postby DDF » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:41 pm

Hoosier Fan wrote:Thankfully bin Laden's death solved all that unpleasantness in the mid-east.

No, it didn't but that doesn't make it not worth doing. We should have been all Inigo Montoya on that shit! There's nothing that irritated me more than Bush saying "I don't know where he is. I really don't spend that much time on him, to be honest with you." Liberals always get accused of forgetting about the 9/11 attacks, but I couldn't believe our president would say such a thing.
"Mr. Cheney has been incredibly adroit for the last six years or so attacking the administration for not doing an adequate job of cleaning up the mess that he made. And I think it's unseemly." - Bill Clinton
DDF
All Pro

Postby DDF » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:55 pm

Hoosier Fan wrote:

There's no there there. Gowdy claimed some of the emails were classified when they weren't.

"Indeed, according to committee correspondence reviewed by Newsweek, the CIA did tell the panel on Saturday that it had reviewed 127 emails between Clinton and her close friend and outside adviser, Sidney Blumenthal, and none of it was deemed classified.

“The CIA reviewed the material in question and informed State that it required no redactions,” the agency informed Susan Sachsman Grooms, staff director and general counsel for the panel’s Democrats, on October 17."

http://www.newsweek.com/another-bad-day ... nel-384592
"Mr. Cheney has been incredibly adroit for the last six years or so attacking the administration for not doing an adequate job of cleaning up the mess that he made. And I think it's unseemly." - Bill Clinton
DDF
All Pro

Postby cheapseats » Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:28 pm

The GOP Benghazi chairman, claimed to have a smoking gun, classified Clinton email, only to have the CIA slapped him down:
http://www.politico.com/story/2015/10/t ... tee-214919

AND he managed to accidentally disclose the name of an intelligence agent by posting an unredacted email (but blamed the State Department for the mistake):
http://democrats.benghazi.house.gov/new ... sified-cia

Hillary is going to slice the GOP congressional clownshoes to ribbons on national TV.
cheapseats
Legend

Postby DDF » Fri Oct 23, 2015 5:39 pm

cheapseats wrote:Hillary is going to slice the GOP congressional clownshoes to ribbons on national TV.

And that's exactly what she did!
DDF
All Pro

Return to Whatever