Looks like Kres won't be posting for a while...

You Heard Me

Looks like Kres won't be posting for a while...

Postby Millwood » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:40 pm

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/dr ... lty/nn6Pr/

HomerNotes: Looks like Kres won't be posting for a while...
Millwood
All Pro

Re: Looks like Kres won't be posting for a while...

Postby cheapseats » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:56 pm

WTF, the guy claims it was an accident? What is the point of even SAYING that? There is video that shows that he TURNED AROUND and chased Germani before hitting him.
cheapseats
Legend

Postby juansamuel » Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:23 pm

Wow. There's no point in being contrite if it doesn't go all the way.

On a personal note, I've been commuting to work via bike a lot lately and I've come to be a lot more sympathetic to bikers. For most of the way to work, I take the Stone Mountain bike trail, but I can't use it completely and have to use the road for probably 2 miles of what amounts to a 7 mile commute. There have been a few close calls with cars and some really intentionally rude people.

Mostly, though, it's just general care that's only given when it's convenient. If there are no cars coming in the opposite direction, motorists will generally cut a wide swath around me. If there are cars coming, they will not wait the 2 seconds it takes for the car(s) to clear before passing and will pass me with very little clearance.
juansamuel
Hall of Smack

Postby Millwood » Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:52 am

I think I have a solution for your problem Juan. Don't ride your little bicycle on roads during rush hour. And I'm not condoning what the jackass in this story did either.
Millwood
All Pro

Postby elprof » Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:27 am

How do you know it's a little bicycle? He might have one of them big ass Huffy bikes with the racing stripes.
Virtually everything GOP critics have told us would follow from the policies put in place has not come to pass. You would think that this would occasion a few mea culpas, some rethinking, an admission of poor prognostication. But, alas, it continues.
elprof
Hall of Smack

Postby Millwood » Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:20 pm

I know it's a little bicycle because I saw him peddling his little ass off this morning on my way in. He was headed southbound on Scenic Highway. I threw my 88 oz Gigantic Gulp at him.
Millwood
All Pro

Postby cheapseats » Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:43 pm

juansamuel wrote:Wow. There's no point in being contrite if it doesn't go all the way.

On a personal note, I've been commuting to work via bike a lot lately and I've come to be a lot more sympathetic to bikers.

yep. most car drivers are perfectly competent and attentive, but there's plenty of assholes out there and you're entirely at their mercy.
cheapseats
Legend

Return to Whatever