Small Town Food Mini-Reviews!!

You Heard Me

Small Town Food Mini-Reviews!!

Postby elprof » Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:01 pm

My job now takes me to a lot of smaller towns around the state. I usually try to eat at locally owned places if possible. If any of you happen to find yourselves in any of these places, here are some recommendations.

The Coleman House - Swainsboro.
Country buffet (lunch only) in a restored mansion that was built in 1900. Excellent quality food. The had a huge salad bar, and on the day I was there they had fried chicken, turkey tetrazzini, baked tilapia, butter beans, green beans, and black eyed peas, just to name a few things. It looks (and tastes) like it's run by classic southern ladies.

Austin's Cattle Company - Valdosta
They have BIG steakburgers, and the one I had might have been the best burger I've ever eaten. Right off the Interstate so if you're on the way to central Florida I would highly recommend it.

Luigi's - Augusta
Pretty small dining room right downtown. The owners speak with pretty heavy accents and the spaghetti with meat sauce was outstanding.

Fox's Den Pizza - Sanderville
Above-average pizza at a good price. A definite step above any chain pizza and reasonably priced.

Benton Lee's Steakhouse - Uvalda
The steaks are HUGE and great but you can also order frog legs, quail, and gator nuggets if you are so inclined.

Jonah's on Johnson - Forsyth (city not county)
Very good downtown spot just a couple of minutes off the Interstate. Pizza was excellent. Reminded me a bit of Blue Moon Pizza.
Virtually everything GOP critics have told us would follow from the policies put in place has not come to pass. You would think that this would occasion a few mea culpas, some rethinking, an admission of poor prognostication. But, alas, it continues.
elprof
Hall of Smack

Re: Small Town Food Mini-Reviews!!

Postby Hoosier Fan » Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:38 am

Good idea. Going to store the Swainsboro and Valdosta entries for future reference.
"There you go. Givin' a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck." - Bunk
Hoosier Fan
Hall of Smack

Postby juansamuel » Sat Nov 07, 2015 2:36 pm

The Rusty Pig in Glennville(also in Pooler and Hinesville)- some of the best BBQ in GA...especially the brisket.
juansamuel
Hall of Smack

Postby Millwood » Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:53 am

I've never heard of any of those places so they must be FREAKIN' AWESOME!!
Millwood
All Pro

Postby elprof » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:07 pm

Well, Benton Lee's is inside the Uvalda perimeter.
Virtually everything GOP critics have told us would follow from the policies put in place has not come to pass. You would think that this would occasion a few mea culpas, some rethinking, an admission of poor prognostication. But, alas, it continues.
elprof
Hall of Smack

Postby Hoosier Fan » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:16 pm

elprof wrote:Well, Benton Lee's is inside the Uvalda perimeter.

What is this, a reproductive rights thread?
"There you go. Givin' a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck." - Bunk
Hoosier Fan
Hall of Smack

Return to Whatever