Real or fake Christmas tree?

Real
25%
Fake
75%

Total votes : 4

Postby Bmack » Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:36 pm

I've always had a real tree but I sometimes wonder if I'd be better off with a fake one.
Bmack
Legend

Re: Real or fake Christmas tree?

Postby SLAYER666 » Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:33 am

Real. Always.
SLAYER666
Legend

Postby THEbrickwall » Sun Dec 20, 2015 1:09 pm

I say go with a menora, much simpler.

We used to go real but $100+ for a 9 foot tree (18 foot ceilings) and the hassle of stringing that many strands of lights wasn't worth it. Now on our second pre-lit tree. The first one lasted about 4 years, used to take apart and stuff sections back into original box for storage. After 2 seasons noticed about half the lights quit working so we had to buy extra strings of lights to make up for the non-working ones. The next year was more of the same and then it went to the trash.

Third year for the new one , which we now no longer cram into a box, it stays assembled in a closet all year, and sections have started to go out on it. It has the traditional soft white lights and it's becoming harder to find those strings as everyone now is going to the brighter/bluer LED white lights. Plus now you have extra lines/wires showing in odd spots around the tree. Pain. In. The. Ass.

Bah humbug.

Sent from my typewriter.
Hotty Toddy!
THEbrickwall
All Pro

Postby Millwood » Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:12 am

Bought a real tree for years and years. Finally bit the bullet this year and dropped some decent coin on one of the pre-lit artificial trees. 7.5 foot and 1000 lights. No ornaments though. Just the lights. Someone in the house thought the ornaments were colored baseballs and felt it necessary to take them off the tree and throw them around the house.

Tree looks good though...
Millwood
All Pro

Postby SLAYER666 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:37 pm

Millwood wrote:Someone in the house thought the ornaments were colored baseballs and felt it necessary to take them off the tree and throw them around the house.

Tree looks good though...

Can't you just tell your wife to cut that crap out? You're the man of the house. Start acting like it.
SLAYER666
Legend

Return to Whatever