Museum of Aviation

You Heard Me

Museum of Aviation

Postby elprof » Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:14 pm

Another recommendation from El Prof's Guide to Cool Georgia Places.

The Museum of Aviation is right next to the Air Force base in Warner Robins, and they have a ton of awesome aircraft. Admission is also FREE!!

I spent a little time there on Saturday and got some neat shots. The highlight is the SR-71. I had no idea it was that big.

Virtually everything GOP critics have told us would follow from the policies put in place has not come to pass. You would think that this would occasion a few mea culpas, some rethinking, an admission of poor prognostication. But, alas, it continues.
elprof
Hall of Smack

Re: Museum of Aviation

Postby juansamuel » Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:18 pm

I've driven by the sign on I-16 hundreds of times and thought about checking it out. It's hard to make that decision when you just want to get where you're going.
juansamuel
Hall of Smack

Postby elprof » Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:34 pm

juansamuel wrote:I've driven by the sign on I-16 hundreds of times and thought about checking it out. It's hard to make that decision when you just want to get where you're going.

Are you thinking of the 8th Air Force Museum near Savannah? The one I'm talking about is in Warner Robins. Not near I-16.
Virtually everything GOP critics have told us would follow from the policies put in place has not come to pass. You would think that this would occasion a few mea culpas, some rethinking, an admission of poor prognostication. But, alas, it continues.
elprof
Hall of Smack

Postby juansamuel » Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:55 pm

elprof wrote:
juansamuel wrote:I've driven by the sign on I-16 hundreds of times and thought about going. It's hard to make that decision when you just want to get where you're going.

Are you thinking of the 8th Air Force Museum near Savannah? The one I'm talking about is in Warner Robins. Not near I-16.

Yeah, we're talking about the same one. There is a sign for it on I-16. It would be a bit out of the way, but still doable.
juansamuel
Hall of Smack

Postby elprof » Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:35 pm

juansamuel wrote:
elprof wrote:
juansamuel wrote:I've driven by the sign on I-16 hundreds of times and thought about checking it out. It's hard to make that decision when you just want to get where you're going.

Yeah, we're talking about the same one. There is a sign for it on I-16. It would be a bit out of the way, but still doable.

Yeah, more doable than I first thought.
elprof
Hall of Smack

Postby cheapseats » Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:18 pm

cool shot of the sr-71. it's changed since I went. the sr-71 used to be flat on the ground and near the front of it was a D-21 supersonic drone that caused an sr-71 crash.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMyC2urCl_4

are there still a batch of cool somewhat dilapidated aircraft scattered around the museum itself?
cheapseats
Legend

Postby elprof » Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:36 am

cheapseats wrote:cool shot of the sr-71. it's changed since I went. the sr-71 used to be flat on the ground and near the front of it was a D-21 supersonic drone that caused an sr-71 crash.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMyC2urCl_4

are there still a batch of cool somewhat dilapidated aircraft scattered around the museum itself?

Indeed.

elprof
Hall of Smack

Postby Joe Sieve » Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:32 pm

Is that a 141 behind the tree? Looks so small there - they are huge. I had the pleasure of jumping out of the ass end of those a few times.
Joe Sieve
Starter

Postby elprof » Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:31 pm

Joe Sieve wrote:Is that a 141 behind the tree? Looks so small there - they are huge. I had the pleasure of jumping out of the ass end of those a few times.

You got it.

elprof
Hall of Smack

Postby cheapseats » Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:56 pm

I don't remember the 141 being there either. will have to visit again.
cheapseats
Legend

Return to Whatever