June Review

You Heard Me

June Review

Postby BOUTSHATMADRAWZ » Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:47 pm

Started out the month with my first trip to Las Vegas. Got eat at a real White Castle and a Shake Shack for the first time. Grade for that and rest of trip= A+++++++++++

Just got back from Disneyland on Saturday. Got to to eat at Roscoes Chicken and Waffles and Raising Cane's for first time. Trip Grade = A. Would have been A+ but that's one long azz hot and dusty drive.

Neckcar race at Sears Point. I've been going up there every year for a long time and that was the best race I've seen by a dam site. Bitter sweet cuz JG and me use to be Smoke guys. Grade = A

Going down to Las Vegas again for the Fourth, made a deL with my wife I'll go with her to Britney and she goes to see Garth Brooks with me.
"He (OBAMA) could piss on the fanbois' backs and they'd say it was raining due to global warming caused by income inequality." PACER_FAN 12FEB2014
BOUTSHATMADRAWZ
Legend

Re: June Review

Postby elprof » Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:39 am

Sounds like you have been having a good time. Hope it continues.
Virtually everything GOP critics have told us would follow from the policies put in place has not come to pass. You would think that this would occasion a few mea culpas, some rethinking, an admission of poor prognostication. But, alas, it continues.
elprof
Hall of Smack

Postby juansamuel » Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:08 pm

Spent this past weekend in Hendersonville, NC drinking and singing and eating and joking around with friends. A++++++++

I also met the kid in this story that was shared on here a couple of years ago: http://www.tampabay.com/specials/2012/reports/juniper/
She's in great shape and full of all the energy a 5 year old should be filled with. A++++

I've been going to an improv class. I'm not particularly good at it, but it's fun. B
juansamuel
Hall of Smack

Postby SLAYER666 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:20 pm

I went to Elvis's birthplace in Tupelo, went to Graceland, ate BBQ in Memphis, went to Busch Stadium, the Arch, Kaufmann stadium, the WWI museum in KC (holy crap highest recommendation), the Badlands, Wall Drug, and Mount Rushmore. June 2016 was an A+++++
SLAYER666
Legend

Postby elprof » Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:42 pm

SLAYER666 wrote:I went to Elvis's birthplace in Tupelo, went to Graceland, ate BBQ in Memphis, went to Busch Stadium, the Arch, Kaufmann stadium, the WWI museum in KC (holy crap highest recommendation), the Badlands, Wall Drug, and Mount Rushmore. June 2016 was an A+++++

Damn. You win June.
Virtually everything GOP critics have told us would follow from the policies put in place has not come to pass. You would think that this would occasion a few mea culpas, some rethinking, an admission of poor prognostication. But, alas, it continues.
elprof
Hall of Smack

Postby SLAYER666 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:09 pm

elprof wrote:
SLAYER666 wrote:I went to Elvis's birthplace in Tupelo, went to Graceland, ate BBQ in Memphis, went to Busch Stadium, the Arch, Kaufmann stadium, the WWI museum in KC (holy crap highest recommendation), the Badlands, Wall Drug, and Mount Rushmore. June 2016 was an A+++++

Damn. You win June.

Yeah, it was a once in a lifetime deal. We got invited to a wedding in South Dakota, decided to turn it into a big road trip and check off some items on the sightseeing list. In a perfect world we could have used another day in South Dakota and probably another day in Memphis and St. Louis.
SLAYER666
Legend

Postby DDF » Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:39 am

There's a WWI museum in KC?

We went to San Antonio. Not the best time to go, but we really enjoyed ourselves. The river walk is everything they say it is. In general, if you stay in the downtown area you'll have an enjoyable time. The rest of the city seems like a typical Texas shit hole, but downtown is cool.
"Mr. Cheney has been incredibly adroit for the last six years or so attacking the administration for not doing an adequate job of cleaning up the mess that he made. And I think it's unseemly." - Bill Clinton
DDF
All Pro

Postby Cortez the Killer » Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:06 pm

started off June with a fun day at the Candler Park Music Festival to see Yonder Mtn String Band.

went to a Jerry Joseph and the Jackmormons show at Smith's Olde Bar.

closed it out with Steve Winwood and Steely Dan at Chastain.

there were a few visits to the Waffle House through the month.

that's about all I can handle.

photos here on my sweet blog: http://burninggroceries.tumblr.com/
Cortez the Killer
Legend

Postby Hoosier Fan » Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:15 pm

Uneventful early June - C

Lost my dad on 6/14 - F except that it was his time, he had a great, long life and he is in a better place. Still F

Saw Elizabeth Cook and Bonnie Bishop at Terminal West and Eddie's Attic respectively. A and A.

Having my picture made with Elizabeth Cook. A+ as in brb

Braves game on 6/28.

They played shitty defense, their closer melted down and they lost - F

Went with v2 - A+

Both of us getting to our seats, sitting down, shaking our heads and saying "perfectly good stadium". - A for I raised him right, F for last season at Turner Field.
"There you go. Givin' a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck." - Bunk
Hoosier Fan
Hall of Smack

Postby The Beef » Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:22 pm

Hoosier Fan wrote:Lost my dad on 6/14 - F except that it was his time, he had a great, long life and he is in a better place. Still F

Very sorry to hear this Hoosier Fan. Lost my own father 11 years ago and still miss him very much every day. Just wish I could talk to him sometimes to get some of that wisdom that he always seemed to have about things, but what can you do?

Thinking about you, your boys and all of your family in your loss.
The Beef
Rookie

Postby Hoosier Fan » Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:32 am

The Beef wrote:
Hoosier Fan wrote:Lost my dad on 6/14 - F except that it was his time, he had a great, long life and he is in a better place. Still F

Very sorry to hear this Hoosier Fan. Lost my own father 11 years ago and still miss him very much every day. Just wish I could talk to him sometimes to get some of that wisdom that he always seemed to have about things, but what can you do?

Thinking about you, your boys and all of your family in your loss.

All of this. Thanks.
Hoosier Fan
Hall of Smack

Postby Millwood » Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:05 am

Sorry to hear about your Pops Pacie.

On the light side I'm somewhat surprised Profie didn't start a RIP thread
Millwood
All Pro

Postby elprof » Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:49 am

I would gladly start such a thread, but only with the approval of Pacie himself.

I thought about starting one for my own dad who died in April, but I thought we might hear from one of the old board members who would only accuse me of making up the fact that I had a father at all.
elprof
Hall of Smack

Postby Millwood » Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:02 pm

elprof wrote:I would gladly start such a thread, but only with the approval of Pacie himself.

I thought about starting one for my own dad who died in April, but I thought we might hear from one of the old board members who would only accuse me of making up the fact that I had a father at all.

I thought you were hatched in a petri dish :oops:
Millwood
All Pro

Postby elprof » Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:15 pm

Sometimes failed experiments yield amazing results.
elprof
Hall of Smack

Postby Hoosier Fan » Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:17 pm

elprof wrote:I would gladly start such a thread, but only with the approval of Pacie himself.

Proffie never forgave my dad for leaving Houston and taking his talents to Indianapolis.

Sorry about YOUR dad El Prof. It sucks.
Hoosier Fan
Hall of Smack

Postby Millwood » Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:33 pm

He was a medical Doctor, right?

edit: Pacie's father not Profies
Millwood
All Pro

Postby Hoosier Fan » Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:53 pm

Millwood wrote:He was a medical Doctor, right?

edit: Pacie's father not Profies

He was. A radiologist.
Hoosier Fan
Hall of Smack

Postby elprof » Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:56 pm

Hoosier Fan wrote:Proffie never forgave my dad for leaving Houston and taking his talents to Indianapolis.

Well, he did leave Houston after failing to win a title only to team up with established superstars Dr. Rosen-Rosen and Doogie Howser. Shame he couldn't take the title on his own.
elprof
Hall of Smack

Postby Millwood » Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:40 am

Kotex eats much fancier and better meals than I do. :fu:
Millwood
All Pro

Postby Festus » Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:43 pm

I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express
Festus
Rookie

Postby BOUTSHATMADRAWZ » Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:58 pm

Tulsa Oklahoma:

Zaxbys on 31st St - fries = B+, kickin chicken sandwich = A, Birthday Cake Shake = A+!

Whataburger on Peoria: Monterey Melt = B, Whataburger with cheese = A. Should be called "Whatahugefrickinburger" those things are monstrous
"He (OBAMA) could piss on the fanbois' backs and they'd say it was raining due to global warming caused by income inequality." PACER_FAN 12FEB2014
BOUTSHATMADRAWZ
Legend

Postby BOUTSHATMADRAWZ » Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:30 pm

Waffle House on Tulsa's Westside:
Texas Cheesesteak, cheese grits, smothered covered and chopped, coffee and sweet tea to go = A
Zaxbys: Five piece chicken fingers and extra zax sauce = A+
WH on East 11th in Tulsa: Large smothered covered chopped and sausage, egg and cheese grits bowl and sweet tea = A+++++
BOUTSHATMADRAWZ
Legend

Postby Hoosier Fan » Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:57 am

How do you not weigh 300 pounds?

Pure in Woodstock - Guacamole - A, Pescado (fish tacos) - A+, Wait Staff - BRB+

On the Pure roof Friday night --> The Alex Guthrie Band - Lead singer/Songwriter/Guitar Player graduated with v1, Bass player graduated with v2. Alex is super talented and a great songwriter in his own right, but they also do some fabulous covers including Hendrix, Santana, Chris Stapleton and my favorite - The Beatles Don't Let Me Down. They play all around town, if you're ever in the mood for some fun live music. A+

phpBB [video]
Hoosier Fan
Hall of Smack

Return to Whatever