I never thought I'd say this...

You Heard Me

I never thought I'd say this...

Postby juansamuel » Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:05 am

...but I have a great deal more respect for Ted Cruz.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... ge%2Fstory
juansamuel
Hall of Smack

Re: I never thought I'd say this...

Postby Dauber Dybinski » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:12 am

eh, I'd like to think it's altruistic, but he ultimately is just trying to position himself for 2020.

It is funny listening to people saying his career is over. I don't see that at all.
Dauber Dybinski
Starter

Postby Hoosier Fan » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:50 am

I didn't watch the convention, but I read and heard a lot of commentary on it.

a) The total lack of self - awareness on the part of the Rs as they rip each other and the party apart is staggering

b) The boldness with which people who have been consistently wrong in epic, historic fashion in the past, yes Karl Rove, I'm looking at you, make NEW predictions is mind-boggling

Make the bad noise and pictures go away
"There you go. Givin' a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck." - Bunk
Hoosier Fan
Hall of Smack

Postby Festus » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:41 pm

Just wait, the upcoming debates are going to be must see TV. But having said that....I refuse to vote for either one of those sumbitches.
Festus
Rookie

Postby juansamuel » Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:06 pm

Festus wrote:Just wait, the upcoming debates are going to be must see TV. But having said that....I refuse to vote for either one of those sumbitches.

same.
juansamuel
Hall of Smack

Postby SLAYER666 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:07 pm

This goes beyond lesser of two evils. Far far far beyond. He's so horrible I'm voting for her.
SLAYER666
Legend

Postby Cortez the Killer » Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:35 am

juansamuel wrote:
Festus wrote:Just wait, the upcoming debates are going to be must see TV. But having said that....I refuse to vote for either one of those sumbitches.

same.

hopefully you're voting for someone - do your civic duty, degenerates.
Cortez the Killer
Legend

Postby Hoosier Fan » Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:37 am

Cortez the Killer wrote:
juansamuel wrote:

same.

I never thought anyone I voted against, Dukakis, Clinton I, Gore, Kerry, Obama was as risky, even dangerous, as I think BOTH candidates are this year.

And remember this greatest hit? "To the...voters who chose not to participate in the process yesterday, I hear you too,” - Barack Obama
Apparently if you want a president to ignore the election results, NOT voting is a civic duty now, too.

Finally, if you vote down ticket, but don't vote for president, you are voting.
Hoosier Fan
Hall of Smack

Postby Dauber Dybinski » Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:14 am

juansamuel wrote:

same.

This is a perfectly fine attitude to have. Having said that, I hope I don't see either of you complain if Drumph wins due to 3rd party voting. If he has the legal ability to do some of the things he has mentioned, the USA is going to have a really big fall from grace. And if we vote him in, we deserve it.
Dauber Dybinski
Starter

Postby elprof » Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:32 am

3rd party voting will have no impact on the race regarding Georgia. Trump will win the state easily.

But this whole notion that you can't complain because of not voting or voting 3rd party is complete horse shit. You can damn well complain all you want, especially if you had no part in electing the bozos.
Virtually everything GOP critics have told us would follow from the policies put in place has not come to pass. You would think that this would occasion a few mea culpas, some rethinking, an admission of poor prognostication. But, alas, it continues.
elprof
Hall of Smack

Postby Hoosier Fan » Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:28 pm

elprof wrote:3rd party voting will have no impact on the race regarding Georgia. Trump will win the state easily.

But this whole notion that you can't complain because of not voting or voting 3rd party is complete horse shit. You can damn well complain all you want, especially if you had no part in electing the bozos.

I'm not as convinced as you are. Isn't Georgia trending more purplish?

1000% agree. I get some grief in my circles because I won't vote for Trump. "Helping elect Hillary," they say. Sorry, no, I didn't nominate that clown.
I'm guessing among my friends it's probably 50% Hillary, 40% Trump, 10% neither.
Hoosier Fan
Hall of Smack

Postby elprof » Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:43 pm

Virtually everything GOP critics have told us would follow from the policies put in place has not come to pass. You would think that this would occasion a few mea culpas, some rethinking, an admission of poor prognostication. But, alas, it continues.
elprof
Hall of Smack

Postby Hoosier Fan » Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:45 pm

elprof wrote:I was just going by this.

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/201 ... t/georgia/

Oof. Well, I'm not going to argue with Nate Silver. I'm a little surprised, but I'm always surprised when people don't vote exactly like I do. :chewy:
Hoosier Fan
Hall of Smack

Postby juansamuel » Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:28 pm

elprof wrote:3rd party voting will have no impact on the race regarding Georgia. Trump will win the state easily.

Thank you.
juansamuel
Hall of Smack

Postby Dauber Dybinski » Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:08 pm

juansamuel wrote:

Thank you.

Anyone can damn well complain about whatever one wants. Show me where I said he can't complain.
Dauber Dybinski
Starter

Postby elprof » Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:47 pm

Show me where anyone said you said he can't complain.

You only used the passive aggressive "hope" that you wouldn't see them complain. We know the difference.
elprof
Hall of Smack

Postby Dauber Dybinski » Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:23 am

elprof wrote:Show me where anyone said you said he can't complain.

You only used the passive aggressive "hope" that you wouldn't see them complain. We know the difference.

ah yes, "we" know the difference.

What's the matter, El Prof? Are you running out of message boards to ruin? Resume getting a little thin?
Dauber Dybinski
Starter

Postby elprof » Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:05 pm

The only thing thin here seems to be your skin.
elprof
Hall of Smack

Postby Hoosier Fan » Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:53 pm

Dauber Dybinski wrote:
elprof wrote:Show me where anyone said you said he can't complain.

ah yes, "we" know the difference.

What's the matter, El Prof? Are you running out of message boards to ruin? Resume getting a little thin?

elprof wrote:The only thing thin here seems to be your skin.

I was going to say this is ruining the thread, but then I remembered it's about Trump and Hillary so it's probably actually an improvement.
Hoosier Fan
Hall of Smack

Postby Millwood » Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:06 am

Profie doesn't ruin message boards, he annihilates them :uzi:
Millwood
All Pro

Postby elprof » Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:59 pm

Damn right. Mama didn't raise no foo.
elprof
Hall of Smack

Postby elprof » Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:52 pm

Hoosier Fan wrote:
elprof wrote:I was just going by this.

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/201 ... t/georgia/

Oof. Well, I'm not going to argue with Nate Silver. I'm a little surprised, but I'm always surprised when people don't vote exactly like I do. :chewy:

I may have spoken too soon about Georgia.

Screen Shot 2016-08-05 at 3.49.34 PM.png
elprof
Hall of Smack

Postby Festus » Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:39 pm

Cortez the Killer wrote:
juansamuel wrote:

same.

I'll vote. Guess I've turned hippy because I'm seriously thinking about voting Lib for the first time ever. I don't agree with everything on their platform but at the very least they come across as sane, almost honest adults. ("Almost" because they're still politicians)
Festus
Rookie

Postby juansamuel » Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:12 pm

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/10/us/po ... .html?_r=0

I didn't think that this campaign was going to get any further through the looking glass than Marco Rubio talking about the size of Trump's dick at the time, but holy shit, I just don't believe this is real. This is someone's horrible joke and I believe that now more than ever.
juansamuel
Hall of Smack

Postby Hoosier Fan » Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:08 am

juansamuel wrote:http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/10/us/politics/donald-trump-hillary-clinton.html?_r=0

I didn't think that this campaign was going to get any further through the looking glass than Marco Rubio talking about the size of Trump's dick at the time, but holy shit, I just don't believe this is real. This is someone's horrible joke and I believe that now more than ever.

I've started to type 3 different things and just don't even know where to go with this. I will say that I don't think undermining, or at the very least making a mockery of, the election process is funny or harmless.

Also, there are millions of people out there who would probably been fairly easy to sway from the Hillary camp, but now probably think they have to vote for her because they think he's dangerous and the choice is binary. I agree with the first half of that.
Hoosier Fan
Hall of Smack

Postby SLAYER666 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:12 am

At least five of the other GOP candidates would be beating her.
SLAYER666
Legend

Postby Festus » Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:00 pm

juansamuel wrote:http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/10/us/politics/donald-trump-hillary-clinton.html?_r=0

Obviously he's backtracking saying that's not what he meant.... but since he knows words, the best words, maybe it's time he started using some of them ;)
Festus
Rookie

Postby Joe Sieve » Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:38 pm

There's no end to the quotes you could find from folks on the right saying that the real reason for the 2nd amendment is to allow the citizenry to rise up against the government. Maybe it seems worse when talking about a specific administration and not some abstract and unknown future event. But, they say it all the time. Ted Cruz called the 2nd Amendment "the ultimate check on governmental tyranny", the executive director of the NRA said "the Second Amendment deals with keeping the government from going astray", etc, etc. You literally could go on all day. Sharron Angle when running for Senate: “You know, if this Congress keeps going the way it is, people are really looking toward those Second Amendment remedies.” No doubt that what he said is batshit crazy, but I don't think it's breaking new ground.
Joe Sieve
Starter

Postby juansamuel » Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:30 pm

Joe Sieve wrote:There's no end to the quotes you could find from folks on the right saying that the real reason for the 2nd amendment is to allow the citizenry to rise up against the government. Maybe it seems worse when talking about a specific administration and not some abstract and unknown future event. But, they say it all the time. Ted Cruz called the 2nd Amendment "the ultimate check on governmental tyranny", the executive director of the NRA said "the Second Amendment deals with keeping the government from going astray", etc, etc. You literally could go on all day. Sharron Angle when running for Senate: “You know, if this Congress keeps going the way it is, people are really looking toward those Second Amendment remedies.” No doubt that what he said is batshit crazy, but I don't think it's breaking new ground.

Right. I guess you could say I'm moderate on guns, but the whole militia argument ship has sailed with regard to the 2nd amendment. Any uprising can easily be quelled by the gov't at this point.
juansamuel
Hall of Smack

Postby Festus » Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:00 am

I haven't been to school since the dark ages but if I recall correctly it would take 2/3 of congress and 3/4 of the states to repeal the 2nd. That's just not going happen.
Festus
Rookie

Postby BOUTSHATMADRAWZ » Sun Aug 14, 2016 11:43 am

Poor old lefty
He's so upset about that big mean bully trump that he hasn't learned about "Clinton-itis": a disease that [s]kills[/s] affects ppl who've got the goods on Billary.

He's so scared that trump is gonna make deals with his rich buddies,that he has no time to learn about all the deals Hitlery has already made with her rich buddies.

He's fretting so much about trump asking the Russians for the emails, that he can't be expected to know that big bad Vlad already has all of her emails, and is holding on to them to blackmail that khunt in the pant suit
#PoorLefty
"He (OBAMA) could piss on the fanbois' backs and they'd say it was raining due to global warming caused by income inequality." PACER_FAN 12FEB2014
BOUTSHATMADRAWZ
Legend

Postby elprof » Sun Aug 14, 2016 11:47 am

Loser syndrome at its finest.
elprof
Hall of Smack

Postby elprof » Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:37 am

Poor old righty. Better hope your boy Putin has some magic he can use to get his butt buddy elected.

election.JPG
elprof
Hall of Smack

Postby juansamuel » Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:35 pm

http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/p ... lection-to

I'm not saying this is probable, but I do think it's possible.

Nobody I know believed that Trump would pivot in the opposite direction, becoming even more irresponsible and self-destructive after the conventions.

Did Trump and his campaign managers develop a strategy to attack a Gold Star mother and father? Could any presidential candidate who wants to be elected seem to publicly support Russian espionage against America, and take positions so extreme that a former acting CIA director calls him "an unwitting agent of the Russian Federation"? Would any candidate who actually wants to win make comments about the Second Amendment and a political opponent so that the Secret Service is not happy, the same kind of comments that helped Harry Reid pulverize his Republican opponent into dust in his last reelection campaign?

I predict that Trump will never release his tax returns because there is something in those returns he intensely fears being revealed. Shall we speculate about what could be so devastating in his undisclosed tax returns? Is it not possible, possibly even likely, that he might dread the thought, for similar reasons, of filing his financial disclosure papers if he is elected president?
juansamuel
Hall of Smack

Postby Hoosier Fan » Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:19 pm

juansamuel wrote:http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/presidential-campaign/291286-is-trump-deliberately-throwing-the-election-to

Nobody I know believed that Trump would pivot in the opposite direction, becoming even more irresponsible and self-destructive after the conventions.

Did Trump and his campaign managers develop a strategy to attack a Gold Star mother and father? Could any presidential candidate who wants to be elected seem to publicly support Russian espionage against America, and take positions so extreme that a former acting CIA director calls him "an unwitting agent of the Russian Federation"? Would any candidate who actually wants to win make comments about the Second Amendment and a political opponent so that the Secret Service is not happy, the same kind of comments that helped Harry Reid pulverize his Republican opponent into dust in his last reelection campaign?

I predict that Trump will never release his tax returns because there is something in those returns he intensely fears being revealed. Shall we speculate about what could be so devastating in his undisclosed tax returns? Is it not possible, possibly even likely, that he might dread the thought, for similar reasons, of filing his financial disclosure papers if he is elected president?

If he's that worried about it, why would he have even put himself in a position where it's even remotely possible? I think he's just an a-hole and a douchebag on a lark of a vanity project. And honestly, I don't even feel sorry for the people that put him in this position even though I know and like many of them. What I don't see is how the Republicans and more specifically the conservatives, come out of this.

Of course, the guy I voted for actually tried to work with the D's on immigration so he never stood a chance and honestly, most of the people posting comments on WSJ and NRO are harder on him than they are on Sanders or Clinton. Must be better to agree with them on 2% of the issues than 90%.

Guess I'm a RINO and didn't even know it.

edit: Actually I never registered as a Republican, so I guess I'm a CINO.
Hoosier Fan
Hall of Smack

Postby BOUTSHATMADRAWZ » Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:57 am

Hoosier Fan wrote:
juansamuel wrote:http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/presidential-campaign/291286-is-trump-deliberately-throwing-the-election-to

If he's that worried about it, why would he have even put himself in a position where it's even remotely possible? I think he's just an a-hole and a douchebag on a lark of a vanity project. And honestly, I don't even feel sorry for the people that put him in this position even though I know and like many of them. What I don't see is how the Republicans and more specifically the conservatives, come out of this.

Of course, the guy I voted for actually tried to work with the D's on immigration so he never stood a chance and honestly, most of the people posting comments on WSJ and NRO are harder on him than they are on Sanders or Clinton. Must be better to agree with them on 2% of the issues than 90%.

Guess I'm a RINO and didn't even know it.

edit: Actually I never registered as a Republican, so I guess I'm a CINO.

I'm a registered Democrat so I reckon that makes me A DINO.

#HillaryForPrison2016
"He (OBAMA) could piss on the fanbois' backs and they'd say it was raining due to global warming caused by income inequality." PACER_FAN 12FEB2014
BOUTSHATMADRAWZ
Legend

Return to Whatever