RIP Gene Wilder

You Heard Me

RIP Gene Wilder

Postby SamAxe » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:28 pm

The folly of mistaking a paradox for a discovery, a metaphor for a proof, a torrent of verbiage for a spring of capital truths, and oneself for an oracle, is inborn in us.
-- Paul Valéry, 1895
SamAxe
Starter

Re: RIP Gene Wilder

Postby DDF » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:14 pm

A true loss! Willy Wonka and Chocolate Factory and Blazing Saddles were two of my favorites. He was great with Richard Pryor though too!
"Mr. Cheney has been incredibly adroit for the last six years or so attacking the administration for not doing an adequate job of cleaning up the mess that he made. And I think it's unseemly." - Bill Clinton
DDF
All Pro

Postby SamAxe » Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:28 pm

My favorite movie of his was Young Frankenstein. I can't imagine anyone else who could play the character better than Gene did, at least for that time.
The folly of mistaking a paradox for a discovery, a metaphor for a proof, a torrent of verbiage for a spring of capital truths, and oneself for an oracle, is inborn in us.
-- Paul Valéry, 1895
SamAxe
Starter

Postby elprof » Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:43 pm

SamAxe wrote:My favorite movie of his was Young Frankenstein. I can't imagine anyone else who could play the character better than Gene did, at least for that time.

This.
Virtually everything GOP critics have told us would follow from the policies put in place has not come to pass. You would think that this would occasion a few mea culpas, some rethinking, an admission of poor prognostication. But, alas, it continues.
elprof
Hall of Smack

Return to Whatever