Welp

You Heard Me

Welp

Postby SamAxe » Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:26 am

Attention Republicans:. It's your fault. The vast majority of you knew what you were voting for. You knew his record, his past, his personality... And you voted for him anyway. Perhaps you told yourself that it was all just media lies and that there no way he did even a tenth of what they're claiming he did.

Perhaps. But if even a tenth of what they say he did is true, that should have made him unelectable.

Christians, if you voted for him then you really need to think about what you've done. You cannot even for one second believe he stands for or has values we as Christians should be looking for in a leader. Perhaps you're sleeping at night by telling yourself he was the better of two awful candidates.

So you voted for the perfect example of an anti-Christian. Sweet dreams, my fellow Christians. I hope the delusion you made for yourself isn't shattered by the HUGE hangover you're going to feel over the next four years.

Democrats: it's all your fault as well. Only your party could have eschewed all the better, more reasoned choices and instead pick the very epitome of what your party was supposed to be against. Hillary is quite corrupt. If even a tenth of what has been said about her is true, that alone should have kept you from voting for her. But no, you let your party leaders manipulate you into believing it was her turn, that she deserved the nomination over others who didn't have the baggage Clinton had.

In other words, you presented the one politician in the world who is a worse choice than Trump. Congratulations... Your country thanks you for it. Yes, that was sarcasm. No, it wasn't hyperbole.

Remember this day, Americans. When you stop and wonder what in the world happened, remember this day and what you did to cause it.

May God have mercy on us all.
The folly of mistaking a paradox for a discovery, a metaphor for a proof, a torrent of verbiage for a spring of capital truths, and oneself for an oracle, is inborn in us.
-- Paul Valéry, 1895
SamAxe
Starter

Re: Welp

Postby Cortez the Killer » Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:20 am

eh, lighten up....we've had stinkers for Presidents for dozens of years. First, I'll admit that I was wrong about Hill-dawg winning in a landslide.

Second, I don't think any particular Presidential choice is going to change my day-to-day life...granted, my stock portfolio is a little lower than I'd like right now but if I don't sell, I won't lose any money.

Will Trump get a nucular bomb dropped on our head in the next 4 or 5 years? Probably. But, hey, Bud Light is up for whatever and so am I.
Cortez the Killer
Legend

Postby Hoosier Fan » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:34 am

I think he's appalling and have for about 25 years. I can't believe he won the nomination or the election. I predicted he'd win 5 states because predicting 0 would have been stupid.
I know a lot of people who voted for him and they aren't racists or homophobes or misogynists, it was a vote against. Against the Republican establishment to start and against Hillary at the end. I actually know more people who voted for Hillary. I couldn't pull the lever for either.

"I could write a book about what I don't know." - Jeff Bridges in Crazy Heart
"There you go. Givin' a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck." - Bunk
Hoosier Fan
Hall of Smack

Postby juansamuel » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:58 am

Democrats should have fielded a true primary rather than hosting a coronation. That's one of the main reasons for this. Also, that
"deplorables" remark was one of the stupidest things a presidential candidate has ever said. I think that really galvanized a lot of people that were on the fence.
juansamuel
Hall of Smack

Postby elprof » Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:22 pm

More americans voted for HRC than Trump.

But the antiquated system once again works in favor of the candidate who got fewer votes.

Awesome.
Virtually everything GOP critics have told us would follow from the policies put in place has not come to pass. You would think that this would occasion a few mea culpas, some rethinking, an admission of poor prognostication. But, alas, it continues.
elprof
Hall of Smack

Postby juansamuel » Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:30 pm

elprof wrote:More americans voted for HRC than Trump.

But the antiquated system once again works in favor of the candidate who got fewer votes.

Awesome.

Also this.
juansamuel
Hall of Smack

Postby elprof » Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:38 pm

If America started at Hogwarts yesterday, we definitely got into Hufflepuff.
Virtually everything GOP critics have told us would follow from the policies put in place has not come to pass. You would think that this would occasion a few mea culpas, some rethinking, an admission of poor prognostication. But, alas, it continues.
elprof
Hall of Smack

Postby Joe Sieve » Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:13 pm

I'm really curious as to how the next four years are going to play out. For so long, the fiscal conservatives have had such a stranglehold on the Republican party. But, it's Trump's party now, and any/all of his proposals will blow deficits through the roof. Are Cruz/Ryan/McConnell going to fight him on this like they did Obama, or is that over? Do Club For Growth, Grover Norquist and the like have any pull anymore at all? Is the Republican party now primarily the party of the disaffected, rural, white, non-college educated voter? If so, you can forget about entitlement reform. I don't see how the current cornerstone and center-of-gravity of the party can co-exist with this new influx. I can't imagine Paul Ryan just abandoning fiscal responsibility - that's all he knows. But, he's probably done for, anyway. Hell, they're all scared to death to do anything other than support Trump 100% (with good reason).

Do they really think they can repeal ACA and not do something to insure the millions now covered? A shit-ton of those are part of the new Republican base, and would scream bloody murder. I imagine they would just like to keep it and have the rates go back to last year (or the year before).

It's just so strange. If HRC had won, their positions on entitlement reform and fiscal conservatism would be as strong as ever. Now? Who the hell knows. Are a bunch of Trump-like Republicans going to take power in congress? This is going to be interesting to watch. And I can't wait for Palin to be secretary of something-or-other.
Joe Sieve
Starter

Postby Millwood » Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:15 pm

Awesome.

So the jagoffs who live in NY and CA should determine every election?

Sour grapes
Millwood
All Pro

Postby Millwood » Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:31 pm

Cortez the Killer wrote:eh, lighten up....we've had stinkers for Presidents for dozens of years. First, I'll admit that I was wrong about Hill-dawg winning in a landslide.

Second, I don't think any particular Presidential choice is going to change my day-to-day life...granted, my stock portfolio is a little lower than I'd like right now but if I don't sell, I won't lose any money.

Will Trump get a nucular bomb dropped on our head in the next 4 or 5 years? Probably. But, hey, Bud Light is up for whatever and so am I.

Best post in this thread. He may be a disaster or he may be ok. Either way I don't think any of our life's will change much.

We do need to start building cars, washing machines, refrigerators, all that crap again in this country.
Millwood
All Pro

Postby elprof » Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:56 pm

Millwood wrote:

Awesome.

So the jagoffs who live in NY and CA should determine every election?

Sour grapes

They are Americans. One person one vote. I've hated the electoral college since I first learned about it. No sour grapes here at all. Trump himself complained about it. You know. Before it got him elected.
elprof
Hall of Smack

Postby Hoosier Fan » Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:15 am

Joe Sieve wrote:Do they really think they can repeal ACA and not do something to insure the millions now covered? A shit-ton of those are part of the new Republican base, and would scream bloody murder. I imagine they would just like to keep it and have the rates go back to last year (or the year before).

This right here. "Repeal and replace" is a cute sound bite, but it's going to be really hard in practice. I suspect at the most they'll tinker at the margins. They won't just blow it up.(Warning: see above for my prediction prowess.)

And I can't wait for Palin to be secretary of something-or-other.

Fucking shoot me.

The thing I was most looking forward to in a Clinton presidency was Hannity being relegated to the ash heap of broadcast history. Now he's a g.d. hero.

I will say, and maybe I'm just blocking some things, when Obama won two free and fair elections the people that voted against him got up the next day and went about their business. I'm hearing and seeing a lot of foot stamping and breath holding from Clinton supporters. Present company excluded.

I wasn't going to be happy the morning of 11/9 no matter who won. I guess we'll find out if the devil I didn't know is worse than the one I did.
Hoosier Fan
Hall of Smack

Postby Millwood » Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:22 am

Don't blame me. I voted for Bob Barr. Anyone remember back in 08 when all 7 people(in the country)who voted for Bob Barr were posters on the chicken?
Millwood
All Pro

Postby elprof » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:45 am

Millwood wrote:Don't blame me. I voted for Bob Barr. Anyone remember back in 08 when all 7 people(in the country)who voted for Bob Barr were posters on the chicken?

He was almost our first black President.
elprof
Hall of Smack

Postby Hoosier Fan » Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:55 am

I will confess one thing. In 1996 I used to say that I wished that after Bill Clinton answered a debate question, Bob Dole would step back, look at him and say, "You're a fucking liar." I said it might cost him the election, but it would make a lot of people feel really good.
Trump did basically the equivalent to Hillary during the debates. I didn't like it as much as I thought I would.

At all, in fact.
Hoosier Fan
Hall of Smack

Postby Joe Sieve » Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:56 am

Hoosier Fan wrote:I will say, and maybe I'm just blocking some things, when Obama won two free and fair elections the people that voted against him got up the next day and went about their business. I'm hearing and seeing a lot of foot stamping and breath holding from Clinton supporters. Present company excluded.

I wasn't going to be happy the morning of 11/9 no matter who won. I guess we'll find out if the devil I didn't know is worse than the one I did.

I feel like Rick Grimes kneeling at the feet of Negan/Trump, staring at some blood and brain covered bat, contemplating my future under his oppressive reign. Meh, I'll get over it.

Joe Sieve
Starter

Postby elprof » Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:02 pm

Hoosier Fan wrote:I will confess one thing. In 1996 I used to say that I wished that after Bill Clinton answered a debate question, Bob Dole would step back, look at him and say, "You're a fucking liar." I said it might cost him the election, but it would make a lot of people feel really good.
Trump did basically the equivalent to Hillary during the debates. I didn't like it as much as I thought I would.

At all, in fact.

Trump calling anybody a liar in ANY way would have been hilariously hypocritical.
elprof
Hall of Smack

Postby SamAxe » Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:19 pm

The whole Trump thing got me into a lot of trouble in my homestead. Everyone living in my house (including me) are conservative Christians.

I'm the only one who did NOT vote for Trump (I voted for Gary, if it matters). I stated my beliefs as I did at the start of this thread to them, and I was immediately branded a legalistic fool.

While the 'fool' part is still out for debate, Legalistic tendencies and me never crossed paths as far as I could ever tell.

Their argument was that HRC would do much more damage than Trump would, so we should do whatever we could to keep her out of office. I argued that I don't think God cares about your logic system, and instead cares about why you think it's okay to vote for someone as... morally questionable as Trump is. Thus the legalism claim, since I was condemning all Trump-voting Christians to hell. I also said the best thing was to vote your conscience, no matter the turnout of the election. THAT went over like a fart in a diving helmet.

I then tried to go from a more secular reasoning, that you can't believe a thing Trump said he was going to do. Whether that's good or bad is up for interpretation but the fact remains that he's a person known to do whatever it takes to get what he wants, including pandering to those disaffected white voter assistant managers at Wal-Mart who get pissed off because some black kid referred to him by his first name. I reasoned that he's going to turn away from his arch-conservative stance and take a more moderate, if not liberal, approach to things. I was told I was full of shit.

Again, that argument is still being deliberated by the 'full of shit' jury, but over the past few days Trump has:

Changed his mind about completely repealing Obamacare
Changed his stance on Gay Marriage
Changed his stance on building a huge wall (now there'll be fences in parts)
Changed his stance on naming a special prosecutor to investigate HRC and her evil ways.

And that's just within the first week.

Just imagine how he's going to be when he actually moves into 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.
The folly of mistaking a paradox for a discovery, a metaphor for a proof, a torrent of verbiage for a spring of capital truths, and oneself for an oracle, is inborn in us.
-- Paul Valéry, 1895
SamAxe
Starter

Postby chad kilroy » Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:12 pm

juansamuel wrote:Democrats should have fielded a true primary rather than hosting a coronation. That's one of the main reasons for this. Also, that
"deplorables" remark was one of the stupidest things a presidential candidate has ever said. I think that really galvanized a lot of people that were on the fence.

The deplorables remark was her one of her finest moments. She should have said more than half. Let me get this right, the same people who say "political correctness" is an equal problem as the economy or terrorism or immigration can't handle having their racism, misogyny, xenophobia and sexism pointed out to them? It was the center of the entire campaign. If you went into a voting booth and said "Hillary called me a bad name, I'm going to vote for the Orange Embarrassment to human kind" then you deserve to be called worse than deplorable.

All candidates are flawed. At least I and 60 million plus other Americans voted for the only intelligent, well-read, qualified, ready to lead day 1, grown up in the race. This pearl clutching and hang wringing about hurting white folks itty bitty feelings is complete, 100 percent, bullcrap.

In a year, these alleged "good people" who voted Orange, will hate him, their vote and themselves so damn much. And if they're looking for sympathy or empathy for the rest of us, they can suck it. They're getting a fight.
Last edited by chad kilroy on Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I was here.
chad kilroy
All Pro

Postby elprof » Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:23 pm

chad kilroy wrote:
juansamuel wrote:Democrats should have fielded a true primary rather than hosting a coronation. That's one of the main reasons for this. Also, that

The deplorables remark was her one of her finests momenst. She should have said more than half. Let me get this right, the same people who say "political correctness" is an equal problem as the economy or terrorism or immigration can't handle having their racism, misogyny, xenophobia and sexism pointed out to them? It was the center of the entire campaign. If you went into a voting booth and said "Hillary called me a bad name, I'm going to vote for the Orange Embarrassment to human kind" then you deserve to be called worse than deplorable.

All candidates are flawed. At least I and 60 million plus other Americans voted for the only intelligent, well-read, qualified, ready to lead day 1, grown up in the race. This pearl clutching and hang wringing about hurting white folks itty bitty feelings is complete, 100 percent, bullcrap.

If a year, these alleged "good people" who voted Orange, will hate him, their vote and themselves so damn much. And if they're looking for sympathy or empathy for the rest of us, they can suck it. They're getting a fight.

JUST DAMN!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
elprof
Hall of Smack

Postby Hoosier Fan » Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:07 pm

I think the deplorables remark was probably focus grouped.
Hoosier Fan
Hall of Smack

Postby juansamuel » Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:11 pm

chad kilroy wrote:

The deplorables remark was her one of her finest moments. She should have said more than half. Let me get this right, the same people who say "political correctness" is an equal problem as the economy or terrorism or immigration can't handle having their racism, misogyny, xenophobia and sexism pointed out to them? It was the center of the entire campaign. If you went into a voting booth and said "Hillary called me a bad name, I'm going to vote for the Orange Embarrassment to human kind" then you deserve to be called worse than deplorable.

In a year, these alleged "good people" who voted Orange, will hate him, their vote and themselves so damn much. And if they're looking for sympathy or empathy for the rest of us, they can suck it. They're getting a fight.

Doubling down. Whatever works for you I guess.

phpBB [video]
juansamuel
Hall of Smack

Postby DDF » Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:51 pm

I just want to point out that Trump was so clueless about what the job entails he's going to have to do more tutoring sessions with Obama. Also, he had no idea that he'd have to hire 4,000 people for government positions. And he thinks it's fine for his kids to run his business AND have security clearances. #wearedoomed
"Mr. Cheney has been incredibly adroit for the last six years or so attacking the administration for not doing an adequate job of cleaning up the mess that he made. And I think it's unseemly." - Bill Clinton
DDF
All Pro

Postby elprof » Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:17 am

Watching Trump supporters backpedal is starting to get hilarious.

My theory is that he gets to a point where the job overwhelms him and he quits way before his term is up. Or he just keeps giving so many unlawful orders and there's a showdown where he just bails on the job.

Then we gotta deal with that asshole Pence.
elprof
Hall of Smack

Postby Millwood » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:22 am

chad kilroy wrote:

Rawrrr! You're pretty sexy when you get angry
Millwood
All Pro

Postby Millwood » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:24 am

DDF wrote:I just want to point out that Trump was so clueless about what the job entails he's going to have to do more tutoring sessions with Obama. Also, he had no idea that he'd have to hire 4,000 people for government positions. And he thinks it's fine for his kids to run his business AND have security clearances. #wearedoomed

Reportedly Obama had to visit Bush on 6 separate occasions at the white house just to learn the secret handshake.
Millwood
All Pro

Postby BOUTSHATMADRAWZ » Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:24 pm

Need a K.C. Royals icon to honor Milly's take

If it were up to city people, the tickets wldhave been Oprah for prez with Gayell Kingfor VP vs. a combo of Kaitlyn and Kanyé. And there'd be another civil war sooner rather than later.

#FoundingFathersGotItRightAgain
"He (OBAMA) could piss on the fanbois' backs and they'd say it was raining due to global warming caused by income inequality." PACER_FAN 12FEB2014
BOUTSHATMADRAWZ
Legend

Postby elprof » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:12 pm

BOUTSHATMADRAWZ wrote:Need a K.C. Royals icon to honor Milly's take

If it were up to city people, the tickets wldhave been Oprah for prez with Gayell Kingfor VP vs. a combo of Kaitlyn and Kanyé. And there'd be another civil war sooner rather than later.

#FoundingFathersGotItRightAgain

Well, one of the original reasons for the electoral college was to give slave states more power.

So it's easy to see why you and your buddy David Duke enjoy it so much.

#KKKFOREVAH
elprof
Hall of Smack

Postby DDF » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:52 pm

It's already as bad as we thought it was going to be.
"Mr. Cheney has been incredibly adroit for the last six years or so attacking the administration for not doing an adequate job of cleaning up the mess that he made. And I think it's unseemly." - Bill Clinton
DDF
All Pro

Return to Whatever