Concert Review and a Restaurant too....

Entertainment Forum

Concert Review and a Restaurant too....

Postby Hoosier Fan » Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:35 am

A few months ago I opened the Variety Playhouse newsletter and there was a little blurb for someone named Beth Hart who was going to play Center Stage on 6/16. I thought that the name sounded vaguely familiar, but actually thought she was a second, or third, tier country/Americana name, so I opened it up. There was a video embedded in the concert announcement, so we watched it and liked it. We spent about the next half hour seeking her out on YouTube and then the half hour after that buying tickets and her three most recent albums.

Turns out she's a badass rock/blues/r&b singer with a badass band who puts on a fantastic show. It was also our first show at Center Stage. Everything looks better from the fifth row, but we loved it. Venue, band, music all A++++++

Ironically she didn't play the song that was in the first video that caught our attention.

Also, we ate at Tamarind Seed before the show. That was also great, apps, entrees and service. A+ would dine again.

This was her 4th(!) and last encore song. Highly recommend and will watch again. Hell in a previous life I might have followed the band up to Cincinnati for tomorrow's show.

phpBB [video]
Last edited by Hoosier Fan on Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"There you go. Givin' a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck." - Bunk
Hoosier Fan
Hall of Smack

Re: Concert Review and a Restaurant too....

Postby cheapseats » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:18 pm

Yeah, I like that venue a lot if you're down low. Tamarind Seed is where me and the wife eat most of the time when we go to the symphony. We like it as well and it's far less expensive than their main restaurant.

(I didn't remember her name, but saw that performance on the Buddy Guy salute)
cheapseats
Legend

Postby Hoosier Fan » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:05 pm

cheapseats wrote:Yeah, I like that venue a lot if you're down low. Tamarind Seed is where me and the wife eat most of the time when we go to the symphony.

I'm part of the trans community, an ITP soul in an OTP body. Ellen's talent(sic) booker won't leave me alone....
"There you go. Givin' a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck." - Bunk
Hoosier Fan
Hall of Smack

Postby cheapseats » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:39 am

Hoosier Fan wrote:I'm part of the trans community, an ITP soul in an OTP body.

Without your OTP $ we wouldn't be able to have all these nice restaurants. I DO kind of wonder how the buckhead power restaurants stay in business. We went to Phipps Sunday and there is a whole lot of very expensive real estate with nobody eating. Nobody really lives there and no many bars/nightclubs, just restaurants. I'm guessing expensive lunches and everything else on Friday and sat night? Not our scene, so I don't know.
cheapseats
Legend

Return to TV, Music, Movies