Mr Robot

Entertainment Forum

Mr Robot

Postby cheapseats » Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:07 am

Did we talk about this?

Holy Crap what an awesome show. I'm shocked that they do such a solid job with computer security technology when so few people have any knowledge of it. But not only have they really not fucked up anything, they have a LOT more details than the plot demands and actually have written a lot of pretty sly nods to bad technology/virus/security tech in other movies/TV.

But ignore all that. Even without the geekery, you've got very solid lead actors, a hero who's a near psychotic heroin user, and loads of the clever foreshadowing and open questions, with at least 50% of the events possibly hallucinations and ridiculous cliff hanger endings to every episode. In episode 5 they even broke the 4th wall when cutting to commercial in a remarkably anti-consumer/advertising way that I still can't believe I saw.

Apparently it was originally a movie and this first season is a stretched version of the events of the first act, which is why it works so well.
cheapseats
Legend

Re: Mr Robot

Postby juansamuel » Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:08 am

I've really liked it. I haven't watched the finale yet.
juansamuel
Hall of Smack

Postby SLAYER666 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:42 am

I think it's on Hulu. I'll have to give it a try
SLAYER666
Legend

Postby cheapseats » Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:58 pm

juansamuel wrote:I've really liked it. I haven't watched the finale yet.

me neither. no spoilers.
cheapseats
Legend

Postby cheapseats » Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:58 pm

SLAYER666 wrote:I think it's on Hulu. I'll have to give it a try

you can watch it online with your cable login.
http://www.usanetwork.com/mrrobot/videos
cheapseats
Legend

Postby Hoosier Fan » Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:12 pm

I'm going to definitely check it out. I also am going to try to watch Public Morals. I've heard great things about both.

The wife and I watched the first episode of Grace & Frankie and it was really funny. Jane Fonda, Lily Tomlin, Martin Sheen and Sam Watterson. Great premise.
Then we watched the next two. Staggeringly bad. I mean awful. I mean three of us sat and watched both episodes and maybe laughed once. I mean the kind of material that gets most shows canceled 3 or 4 shows in. It was bad. Netflix has re-upped for a Season 2. Definitely the stars have some serious capital.

I'm trying to read more and also getting up really early to walk, so binge watching = about an hour and 15 minutes. And now football has started, so no spoilers until 2017. :)
"There you go. Givin' a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck." - Bunk
Hoosier Fan
Hall of Smack

Postby cheapseats » Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:07 am

The wife and I watched Grace & Frankie. I remember it stumbling some, but we enjoyed it overall. Fonda and Tomlin have real chemistry that works better as the show goes on.
cheapseats
Legend

Return to TV, Music, Movies