R.I.P. Glen Frey

Entertainment Forum

R.I.P. Glen Frey

Postby elprof » Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:05 pm

I know some here don't like The Eagles, but I've always been a fan.

He played with Bob Seger and Linda Ronstadt before the Eagles got started.

And even if you don't like their music, the documentary done by Alison Eastwood a couple of years ago is worth a watch. The movie Almost Famous is based in part on the Eagles. Lots of bitterness and great stories involving Joe Walsh.
Virtually everything GOP critics have told us would follow from the policies put in place has not come to pass. You would think that this would occasion a few mea culpas, some rethinking, an admission of poor prognostication. But, alas, it continues.
elprof
Hall of Smack

Re: R.I.P. Glen Frey

Postby Hoosier Fan » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:06 pm

I'll have to watch the documentary. I only saw them once in concert. Probably the Long Run tour or maybe a couple of years after that. Life in the Fast Lane and Hotel California had already been played to absolute death, but in concert they took on a whole new life and they did just about everything you'd want to hear. It was a great show.

There are a few over played classic rock standards that I actually do stop for, like Piano Man for example, but this is kind of a cheesy one. Not their best song, but it reminded me so much of a woman I knew, I still listen to the whole thing.

phpBB [video]
"There you go. Givin' a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck." - Bunk
Hoosier Fan
Hall of Smack

Postby elprof » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:29 pm

Hoosier Fan wrote:I'll have to watch the documentary. I only saw them once in concert. Probably the Long Run tour or maybe a couple of years after that. Life in the Fast Lane and Hotel California had already been played to absolute death, but in concert they took on a whole new life and they did just about everything you'd want to hear. It was a great show.

There are a few over played classic rock standards that I actually do stop for, like Piano Man for example, but this is kind of a cheesy one. Not their best song, but it reminded me so much of a woman I knew, I still listen to the whole thing.

phpBB [video]

There is a great scene in the documentary about that song. They also do part of it a capella. They had some amazing vocal harmony.
Virtually everything GOP critics have told us would follow from the policies put in place has not come to pass. You would think that this would occasion a few mea culpas, some rethinking, an admission of poor prognostication. But, alas, it continues.
elprof
Hall of Smack

Postby juansamuel » Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:44 pm

Seven Bridges Road is one of the best songs of all time.
juansamuel
Hall of Smack

Postby SLAYER666 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:22 pm

Another artist from before my time. Never my thing but the list of mourners tells me all I need to know. RIP.
SLAYER666
Legend

Return to TV, Music, Movies