Saw Bruce Springsteen last night

Entertainment Forum

Saw Bruce Springsteen last night

Postby Cortez the Killer » Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:28 pm

...first time seeing the Boss in concert - a few observations.

- he is the New Jersey Jimmy Buffet. his concerts are like theater where the crowds sing along, have synchronized hand signals, etc. it is pretty crazy. he also did a full-on crowd surf from the middle of the arena all the way back to the stage.

- the dude is 66 years old and started playing at 8pm and played straight through 11:30pm. I was exhausted.

- I haven't been to a concert at Philips since some of these recent terror attacks but the security lines were ridiculous. we were in line for 30 solid minutes with a metal detector walkway and a guard with a wand. He didn't come on til 8pm but I'm sure quite a few people were still stuck outside and missed the first part of the show.

- Philips Arena 16oz domestic beers at a Bruce Springsteen concert cost $9 :/
Cortez the Killer
Legend

Re: Saw Bruce Springsteen last night

Postby Hoosier Fan » Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:52 pm

So was it good?

$9/beer doesn't seem out of line. They are $12 at the Tabernacle. That might be 24 oz, not sure.
"There you go. Givin' a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck." - Bunk
Hoosier Fan
Hall of Smack

Postby Cortez the Killer » Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:22 pm

Hoosier Fan wrote:So was it good?

$9/beer doesn't seem out of line. They are $12 at the Tabernacle. That might be 24 oz, not sure.

yep it was really good - I've never bought a Springsteen album but I know some of his songs - mostly the hits. But I thought it was really good - the sound in our 300 section nosebleed seats wasn't very good so some of the lyrics were unintelligible (to me) but again, I don't know a lot of his songs.

This AJC blurb and the comments indicate that true Bruce fans thought it was an epic show:

http://music.blog.ajc.com/2016/02/19/co ... anta-show/

MarkGordon 9 hours ago

It was a remarkable concert and the best Springsteen show I have seen in at least a couple of decades ....and I have seen many.

wilcofan
wilcofan 8 hours ago

@almmanduane75 I would argue that last night was better than the spring night, 1980, in Phoenix when I saw the River tour.

HB54 6 hours ago

This was perhaps the best Bruce concert I've been to (starting with 1978) and I was way up high on the side (not on the floor as I've been before).
Cortez the Killer
Legend

Postby Hoosier Fan » Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:31 am

Cortez the Killer wrote:
Hoosier Fan wrote:So was it good?

yep it was really good - I've never bought a Springsteen album but I know some of his songs - mostly the hits. But I thought it was really good - the sound in our 300 section nosebleed seats wasn't very good so some of the lyrics were unintelligible (to me) but again, I don't know a lot of his songs.

This AJC blurb and the comments indicate that true Bruce fans thought it was an epic show:

http://music.blog.ajc.com/2016/02/19/co ... anta-show/

MarkGordon 9 hours ago

It was a remarkable concert and the best Springsteen show I have seen in at least a couple of decades ....and I have seen many.

wilcofan
wilcofan 8 hours ago

@almmanduane75 I would argue that last night was better than the spring night, 1980, in Phoenix when I saw the River tour.

HB54 6 hours ago

This was perhaps the best Bruce concert I've been to (starting with 1978) and I was way up high on the side (not on the floor as I've been before).

I saw him twice once in support of Born to Run and the Born in the USA tour when he really, really exploded. Great shows. He and Clarence brought some Indy strippers up for the encore the first time we saw them. He's never really been in my pantheon, but he has done some great stuff.

Definitely gives the crowd their money's worth.
"There you go. Givin' a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck." - Bunk
Hoosier Fan
Hall of Smack

Return to TV, Music, Movies