Website upgrades

Questions, Comments, Suggestions

Website upgrades

Postby Bmack » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:33 pm

After some exploring I've realized that my phpbb version is way out of date. I've got a couple options I guess. One would be to keep it the way it is and try to fix the mods or BBC codes to enable video embedding and what not. If I upgrade to the latest version it will get rid of all my previous styles and mods. Of course I can re-download new ones but it will be time consuming for sure. I am on vacation next week so I may have time to do it.

Any suggestions from cheapseats or prof ot any other website gurus are welcome.

Thanks.
Bmack
Legend

Re: Website upgrades

Postby cheapseats » Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:43 pm

updating is probably a good idea in the long run, but it's always a pain in the ass.
cheapseats
Legend

Re: Website upgrades

Postby Bmack » Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:20 am

I'm most likely still going to try to upgrade the site next week, which will likely mean it will be down for an unspecified amount of time. There's also a possibility that I could fuck it up beyond repair and would have to start over.

In the meantime, I've played around with the youtube embedding and seem to have fixed it somewhat. If you use the video bb code, and simply copy the url, it seems to work. I'm sure there are some instances where it won't work but I've had luck so far.
Bmack
Legend

Return to General Info